Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crystal Apparatus Banner [W.I.P.]-Final Update

Me Gusta

Here is the Crystal Apparatus Banner I made in Photoshop. Note that this is my first time actually using Photoshop:
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/ff6b86c5c9cfdc89299f3a3458b306e5.png)

Give me your criticism. I need to know what I can change to make it better.

Take your time with it "something real quick" usually results in something really bad as a beginner. Before you show something off you gotta look at it yourself and ask yourself a couple of questions, does the colors look right? Does the lettering reflect the tone of the game? What can I do to make it better?
The colors are the first thing that stand out, in a bad way, they don't really compliment each other in the way you are using them. I'm not really feeling the drop shadow in the lettering either, just doesn't fit. Be more creative with it instead of just using a gradient map for the background. Look at some tutorials first, learn a couple things then start experimenting again.

@Fogger:

> Take your time with it "something real quick" usually results in something really bad as a beginner. Before you show something off you gotta look at it yourself and ask yourself a couple of questions, does the colors look right? Does the lettering reflect the tone of the game? What can I do to make it better?
> The colors are the first thing that stand out, in a bad way, they don't really compliment each other in the way you are using them. I'm not really feeling the drop shadow in the lettering either, just doesn't fit. Be more creative with it instead of just using a gradient map for the background. Look at some tutorials first, learn a couple things then start experimenting again.

Thanks that'll do

I think it's difficult to read. Not because of the font, but because of the white effect that's in it. To make it more crystal-ish, i think it requires more of a shine/glow than a white-ness. I don't know anything about graphics art though, those are just my thoughts.