Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My map :3

Growlith1223

You used too many of the little bunches of grass, it makes the map look crowded and unorganized. The wooden poles make no sense in the upper right. You need to use a wider variety of tiles. Different types of trees or bushes would be nice.

Just think of it like this, when you see nature, do you see the same things over and over in an area? No, everything is different in nature. There are a lot of RPGXP tilesets, use them all if you have to.

@Muffen:

> You used too many of the little bunches of grass, it makes the map look crowded and unorganized. The wooden poles make no sense in the upper right. You need to use a wider variety of tiles. Different types of trees or bushes would be nice.
>
> Just think of it like this, when you see nature, do you see the same things over and over in an area? No, everything is different in nature. There are a lot of RPGXP tilesets, use them all if you have to.

lol i like it i mean its nature anything could happen there could be tons of same kinds of grass and tress and those post some one must off added to protect the tree lol and nature is not organized

@Eltony:

> lol i like it i mean its nature anything could happen there could be tons of same kinds of grass and tress and those post some one must off added to protect the tree lol and nature is not organized

But maps are organized. If you just throw in a bunch of tiles in a map it's going to look like shit. That's the brutal truth.

@Muffen:

> But maps are organized. If you just throw in a bunch of tiles in a map it's going to look like shit. That's the brutal truth.

neh maps are copies of the terrain O: this person copied some terrain that looked like that and well that how it is…

@Muffen:

> But maps are organized. If you just throw in a bunch of tiles in a map it's going to look like shit. That's the brutal truth.

None of my maps are organized, but the people who did play my game loved them.

@Eltony:

> neh maps are copies of the terrain O: this person copied some terrain that looked like that and well that how it is…

That's beyond the point. I'm saying the map doesn't look natural, more like a few tiles throws together in a random order.

@Muffen:

> That's beyond the point. I'm saying the map doesn't look natural, more like a few tiles throws together in a random order.

![](http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb410/eltonez/map.png) look its my organized map looks good huh everything in order different tiles ect..
![](http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb410/eltonez/map1.jpg) my random and unorganized map looks horrible u.u

You know, sarcasm will get you no where in life. If you're trying to prove some point, it's not working. Cause honestly you're embarrassing yourself in my book. What's the point in that second map anyway? It hurts my eyes.

Your second map does look horrible, Eltony.

By organized, he probably means things like specific paths to follow so you know where to go, and a specific layout for the map. Not everything has to be single file. Sure, there can be random bits of vegetation, but not repeating the same tile all over the map. The layout can still be followed with random bits, as long as the player still knows where to go. Don't do annoying shit on purpose to try and prove a point that isn't worth it anyways, especially if you're doing it completely wrong.