Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for C# (.NET) Programmer with OOP Experience

AeroEBrown

Hey Guys,
I know many of you probably think that .NET is for little girls who don't know how to program, and I do not want to get into a debate about it, but please don't harass me for using it. It's working for what I need so far.

To what the topic is truly about:
I need (well, would like) someone with a very high level of C# experience, and a large amount of OOP knowledge, to help me optimize my code. I want to object-orient it much better, and I also want to clean up a large amount of the unnecessary crap I have in it. As of right now, there is approximately 4000+ lines of code, and I would like to assume if I cleaned it up I would end up increasing that number. (I am not great at OOP, so it would not be as good as it could be either.) I would also like to think, that someone with a large knowledge of C# (especially events) could clean it up to look and function very nicely.

If you do a good (as well as fast and clean) enough job, I can probably pay you. It won't be much, but it's at least better than nothing.

You can shoot me a PM if you are up to it and have the experience and knowledge I requested. If you have any questions or comments, post them here, or again, PM me. I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@Harris:

> Define experience.
>
> I've worked with Java for a while and they have very similar syntax. I am also very familiar with OO.

I would say Experience means general programming experience, creating products with programming, preferably in C#. (Although general programming experience is acceptable. I don't want some 12 year old kid who just downloaded Visual Studio illegally, or the Eclipse SDK, or any IDE really, and figured out "Hello World" to think he has what it takes.)

Also, another note on what I am working with: I am using XNA Game Studio as the Graphics and Audio wrappers for my program, interfacing me with DirectX and DirectSound. So basic knowledge of this would be a plus.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@John:

> This most likely belongs in the Talent Center board, It will get a lot more attention over there.

Well I don't know if that is allowed by the rules. I'm recruiting for something not even closely related to Eclipse. And I don't want to step on anyone's toes…lol

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

• 2 weeks later...
> As of right now, there is approximately 4000+ lines of code, and I would like to assume if I cleaned it up I would end up increasing that number.

Object Orientation would cut down your code considerably.

Programmer here, experience with C#, C++, Java, Javascript, PHP, VB, Python. Made a couple of games in XNA. Will only work for money 'cos I'm really busy (would have gladly done this freelance, but time is precious for the foreseeable future).

Hit me up a PM if interested.

Moved to talent centre too.

@Spork:

> Object Orientation would cut down your code considerably.
>
> Moved to talent centre too.

Yeah…I am not as good at OOP as I would like to be. Lol

And thanks a bunch for moving this! :)

I did send you a PM Spork.

If anyone else is interested as well, go ahead and post or PM me.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown