Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tileset Help

lordblackwidow

I've set the tile sets into .BMP files but now all my tilesets have color on the sides and isnt transparent, like when i place the tile it has white around the tile or black and i went through and made it transparent on pant.net, idk what to do please help

@lordblackwidow:

> I've set the tile sets into .BMP files but now all my tilesets have color on the sides and isnt transparent, like when i place the tile it has white around the tile or black and i went through and made it transparent on pant.net, idk what to do please help

There have been 101 posts just like this before, so try using the search feature.

However, to answer your question: EO renders transparency based on the colour of the top left 32x32 square in the tileset and sets that colour as the transparency.

This is a section of the 1.BMP tileset that comes with EO:
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e0261cc8dfbf7a063072338259beb8d4.bmp)

I've put a black box around the top left tile. You can see that it's just a solid pink colour.
EO then reads the transparent colour for the rest of that tileset as that solid pink.

TL;DR - Just put the top left square as the background colour of your tileset that you want to be transparent.

@Synergy:

> However, to answer your question: EO renders transparency based on the colour of the top left 32x32 square in the tileset and sets that colour as the transparency.

Not entirely correct, it only checks the topmost(x0,y0) pixel. So you could have a tile there if you want, but it needs to have the left topmost pixel the color you want to be transparent.

@Scypher:

> Not entirely correct, it only checks the topmost(x0,y0) pixel. So you could have a tile there if you want, but it needs to have the left topmost pixel the color you want to be transparent.

Oh, I didn't know that. I assumed/thought it was just the top left tile. I suppose, thinking about it, it could only be one pixel really. Since if you had more than one colour in that box, it'd just screw everything up.  :P
Thanks. :)

• 1 month later...
@Synergy:

> There have been 101 posts just like this before, so try using the search feature.
>
> However, to answer your question: EO renders transparency based on the colour of the top left 32x32 square in the tileset and sets that colour as the transparency.
>
> This is a section of the 1.BMP tileset that comes with EO:
> ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e0261cc8dfbf7a063072338259beb8d4.bmp)
>
> I've put a black box around the top left tile. You can see that it's just a solid pink colour.
> EO then reads the transparent colour for the rest of that tileset as that solid pink.
>
> TL;DR - Just put the top left square as the background colour of your tileset that you want to be transparent.

are we gonna do this in paint?? O_O