Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for muti character system for E.O.

Draco.exe

Hello, i tried to rip the EE multi-character system to EO, but didn't worked…

someone can guide me or make a tutorial plz? in the custom version of Stein (Eclipse Dawn) there is a multi-character system, so i think it's possible to make one for EO, but he changed the constants to Enumerations (or something like that) :/

(srry about my english, my native languaje is spanish)

I know there's a custom edit of Eclipse that has multi-characters. You could either take it from there or ask the author of it. I don't quite remember the name of it, but it was one of the generic Eclipse ______ edits. It resides on this site under custom versions.

@Alatar:

> The main concept is simple even if Stein has changed the constants to enumerations. Look on ED how he managed to do it ("User" holding "Players") and give it a try on your own.

Pretty much, I just decided to be a douchebag and break every tutorial I could find. [/troll]

Nah, the enumerations have their benefits(they reserve a lot less space than reserving an entire byte for each line ;] and to me it is less of a hassle to add stuff.)

ANYWAY, the basic idea is that I moved everything I wanted on the character related side into a new rec called CharRec, which is.. well, the character data. Then in the PlayerRec I declared this 3 times(or more, if you change the constant) so VB6 pretty much sees three CharRec's there, and thus three character slots. I did rewrite a lot of the character creation, deletion and whatnot crap to get it to function properly though, so make sure you know what you're up to before trying to change it, and plan things out before you crash it. ;]

@Likestodraw:

> I know there's a custom edit of Eclipse that has multi-characters. You could either take it from there or ask the author of it. I don't quite remember the name of it, but it was one of the generic Eclipse ______ edits. It resides on this site under custom versions.

You also need to read up on the license before calling the names Generic good sir. Not to mention I actually wrote that shit myself. Generic would imply the bazillion custom ones that have some tutorials smashed into it and are broken as hell.

> i think i'll wait for the tutorial

Not going to be me. I hate tutorials, because people never learn from them. They blatantly copy/paste shit instead of understanding how it works, and then complain it doesn't do what they want or they break it by changing stuff like an idiot.