Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Dark Knight Rises [Spoilers Inside!]

Whackeddie99

I just got home from seeing it with my friends. I saw the first movie in 2005 in theatres with my neighbor when I was only 10, and I bought the Dark Knight when it came out on DVD.  All I can say about TDKR is that I was completely and udderly disappointed with it. It is 2 Hours and 46 minutes, but I only saw batman in his suit for about 30 minutes tops. There wasn't much action with batman, it seemed like most of it was cops. Catwoman was alright, but her relationship with Batman annoyed me, let alone the fact that it added on to the amount of drama that was depicted in this film. *SPOILER ALERT* Remember when Batman is sent to "hell on earth" after Bane knocks him out? Yeah, there's an hour gap between that and the next time you see Bruce in his suit. An HOUR of talking, explaining what the duck is going on. The ending just pissed me off more. Almost every movie ever ends up with the good guys prevailing and everythins A-OK. Batman really had to die?

The only thing I actually liked about this movie is how they bluntly called out the cop to be Robin at the end. Well, what do you think, eclipse network?

Let the flamewar begin.

Batman did not die…he fixed the auto pilot, he gave the commisoner a new bat light, and alfred sees him where he always goes to fantasize about him(which was not a fantasy that time). However I do agree it was stupid that you never saw him in his suit. If I ignore the idea of this being a batman movie it was good. Otherwise it was more of a hey lets make a movie for robin now.

@Keebler:

> Batman did not die…he fixed the auto pilot, he gave the commisoner a new bat light, and alfred sees him where he always goes to fantasize about him(which was not a fantasy that time).

I never saw him fix the autopilot. My first thoughts when I got home were, though, that Alfred actually really saw Bruce and that one bitch at the place he fantasizes…and also, the fact that the very end had Robin going into the batcave made me believe that more and more. But I thought this was supposed to be the end for Christopher Nolan...or is this going to turn into one of those Bungie/Microsoft things where they end up making Batman 4 (like Halo 4)?

First off, every movie can't be just dandy in the end… Whats the fun of that, ever hear about a "Tragedy".

Secondly, who cares if you didn't see batman in the suit, does the movie always have to be action? It was about the meaning of the movie, and what was going on behind the action.

@General:

> First off, every movie can't be just dandy in the end… Whats the fun of that, ever hear about a "Tragedy".
>
> Secondly, who cares if you didn't see batman in the suit, does the movie always have to be action? It was about the meaning of the movie, and what was going on behind the action.

Yes I've heard of a tragedy, but this is fucking batman, a SUPERHERO COMIC, not a 1600s shakespeare play.

@General:

> Comics didn't always end with everyone smiling. Hollywood just ruined bum candy for awhile and got everyone accustomed to that typical cheap bum candy.

is bum candy the new filter for sh1t? lol…

and as far as i know, batman hasnt died in the comics.

@General:

> I agree killing him wasn't so great, but the whole scene about complaining due to the lack of kickass batman action was a little babyish, i can still enjoy the movie without a bunch of overused fighting scenes.

You're not understanding, human. I didn't want overused fighting scenes, i just wanted more than what it had

I actually loved the movie and I thought there were a majority of fighting scenes. This is the first batman movie I have seen since batman returns, and i really enjoyed it. And I do understand what you guys are saying about not seeing him in the suit much, but thats part of the story. I mean it has been 8 years so he needs to pick things back up again. There isnt going to be another BATMAN sequel, but I think we will be expecting a batman and robin movie soon…

• 2 weeks later...
I just recently saw this and I thought it was really good. I was happy that there was story, and not just mindless fighting, and the action that was there was pretty intense. This story showed that he was just a person under the suit, and went into that side of him more than the crime fighting. The death of Rachel Dawson, and the Joker really took a toll on him, and broke him down. Bruce wasnt the Batman for a long time; his age, and the fact that he became a recluse became evident. The doctor told him that he had not cartlidge in his knee anymore, so he wasnt the "Batman" that he used to be. The only thing that I didnt like was I couldnt understand what the hell Bane was saying half of the time. I thought Ann Hathaway was great as cat woman, and she looked freaking hot in this movie.

As Keebler said Batman did not die at the end!  Fox goes to R&D and the two crew members are working on the "bat" and he asks them why wasnt the auto pilot working. The crew member said that it had been working for the past month, and then fox asked who fixed it, and the crew member said Bruce Wane. Keebler pointed out that he gave Gordon a new bat signal, and it wasnt a dream, or a fantasy that Alfred had. Alfred explained that when Bruce was gone the first time before he met Raz Al`Gould that he would go to that cafe, and sit there and hope to see him… hopefully with a family. Now that Bruce knows that is where Alfred goes, he shows up there with Cat Woman at the table.

They said that this was going to be the last Batman movie... but they left it wide open at the end to start Batman and Robin movies.