Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Simple button addition Help

yoshiboy

I know that there is a overall GUI layout for the GUI, at data files\graphics\gui\main\main.jpg

But I do not want to just edit the main.jpg with photoshop.
Im interested to know how buttons appear and allows for user to click.

To stop an endless Q & A session, I hope someone could demonstrate a very simple tutorial so I can analyze the code and try to learn for myself.

For example: In the character tab, could someone post a simple tutorial to add a button named 'ResetSkills' so that when the user clicks, it resets all skills to 0?

![](http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/bendy001/charcter.png)

Help very much appreciated.

Side question:

I've also taken a look at the code, but I cant seem to find how does EO allow the health bar fixate at the top…
It is a dynamic bar, and the bar will lower when you get hurt.

Ive found the code where that int all the GUI , health bar example:
frmMain.imgHPBar.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\data files\graphics\gui\main\bars\health.jpg")

But I dont see how they fix the imgHPBar at the top right of the player screen. Is it by X & Y coordinates?
Help appreciated and thanks for looking.

To do any customization that doesn't have to do with modifying the existing GUI files, adding new graphics, and adding new content, you will need VB6\. Also a word of advice for the Q & A board here- don't ask for people do things for you (code for you, make a new GUI, create a new system, etc), because people will just rant about it. I'm sure that if you know a little about VB6 (and it seems like you have a decent amount of knowledge on it), it couldn't be too hard.