Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help a noob understand the GUI

zarz02

I have been attempting to get the GUI less cluttery, but it seems I can't find a way to make it so that it doesn't zoom when the game window size is increased. Any GUI tips?
Also how do I make the hp bar and stuff appear infront of the main screen?
![](http://i47.tinypic.com/2lc2qo3.jpg)

That's because you haven't changed the maximum tiles per map, and since the screen size is calculated using those, it's rendering it to make it fit into the whole screen and therefore makes it look zoomed in.

What you need to do is make sure your screen's dimensions are divisible by 32, and after that, divide your screen's dimensions by 32 and substract by one. So, MAX_MAPX = (ScreenWidth / 32) - 1 and MAX_MAPY = (ScreenHeight / 32) - 1\. You can find those in modConstants.

Do this on both client and server and delete your maps.

@ghost1y:

> That's because you haven't changed the maximum tiles per map, and since the screen size is calculated using those, it's rendering it to make it fit into the whole screen and therefore makes it look zoomed in.
>
> What you need to do is make sure your screen's dimensions are divisible by 32, and after that, divide your screen's dimensions by 32 and substract by one. So, MAX_MAPX = (ScreenWidth / 32) - 1 and MAX_MAPY = (ScreenHeight / 32) - 1\. You can find those in modConstants.
>
> Do this on both client and server and delete your maps.

I kind of understand you but then not

```
Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 14
Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 11
```
That's my current max. so then would it be safe to simply double that? I mean neither of those are divisible by 32, unless I'm understanding you wrong. Are you saying that their base must go into 32? so for example 2, and 11 because 11x3=33-1=32?

No. I mean your screen size. For example, if your screen width is 800 and its height is 600 (even though 600 isn't divisible by 32, you just round it), then:
MAX_MAPX = (800 / 32) - 1 -> MAX_MAPX = 24
MAX_MAPY = (600 / 32) - 1 -> MAX_MAPY = 18

• 6 months later...
> No. I mean your screen size. For example, if your screen width is 800 and its height is 600 (even though 600 isn't divisible by 32, you just round it), then:
>
> MAX_MAPX = (800 / 32) - 1 -> MAX_MAPX = 24
>
> MAX_MAPY = (600 / 32) - 1 -> MAX_MAPY = 18

how does that fit into this?

' Map constants

Public Const MAX_MAPS As Long = 100

Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = (800 / 32 - 1)

Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = (600 / 32 - 1)

Public Const MAP_MORAL_NONE As Byte = 0

Public Const MAP_MORAL_SAFE As Byte = 1

i got my screen to go to 800 by 600 but its like i cant see the bottom or right edge

no inventory no nothing

can ya help a newb out ?