Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Translucent gui?

or3o

Transparent GUI has a number of hurdles that have to be overcome in order to make it a viable option to use within the game environment, many people neglect to realise that since you are now 'drawing' the GUI every other element must then in-turn be drawn to the screen. This means that all buttons, text boxes and mouse movements and actions must be programmed and calibrated accordingly. Its a lengthy job but certainly work it in the end.

As for pointers CS:DE has the framework for you to start from, 80% of the GUI you can copy and paste from robins client into eclipse 3.0 with minimal changes having to made. That is certainly the place to start.

@zerohero:

> Transparent GUI has a number of hurdles that have to be overcome in order to make it a viable option to use within the game environment, many people neglect to realise that since you are now 'drawing' the GUI every other element must then in-turn be drawn to the screen. This means that all buttons, text boxes and mouse movements and actions must be programmed and calibrated accordingly. Its a lengthy job but certainly work it in the end.
>
> As for pointers CS:DE has the framework for you to start from, 80% of the GUI you can copy and paste from robins client into eclipse 3.0 with minimal changes having to made. That is certainly the place to start.

This is true, but just because you draw one item to the screen does not mean _every_ GUI element needs to be drawn. I could easily draw the chatbox to the screen and leave everything else as controls.

@General:

> This is true, but just because you draw one item to the screen does not mean _every_ GUI element needs to be drawn. I could easily draw the chatbox to the screen and leave everything else as controls.

Yes this is exactly true, sorry I did not mean to give the impression that if you draw one object the rest of the GUI must than be drawn. What I meant is that when you draw the inventory for example, if you want the same transparency on the items within the inventory then these must be drawn too, and in-turn then the item mouseover must be programmed and then the mouse click event and then the dragging must be programmed and so on and so fourth.

thanks for the replies guys, i wasnt planning on having the chatbox or hp bars be transparent just like the skill tab and characters and such, im gonna see what i can figure out  from csde. thanks agian for  giving me an i dea of what to look foward to.