Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for motivated partner/programmer to work on future game

Nook

[Joined a project.](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,82402.0.html)  ;)

>! I've got a long-term goal of sorts to create a game, but right now I only have half the skill set to do so. I can't write a scrap of code.
>! Before you keeping reading - this isn't a payed position. I'm instead looking for a skilled partner share a vision with.
>! The vision I have requires lots of work - too much for one person. Maybe too much for two. I'm talking custom attractive graphics, an intiutive GUI, features out the wazoo, and an RP experience that keeps the players playing. Essentially, something that (after release) doesn't die, but grows.
>! Responsibilites I can manage:
>! * Tilesets
* Sprites
* All other GFX (GUI/icons/etc)
* Mapping
* Storytelling
* Any non-programming aspect of game development
>! I don't have a lot to show for my talents, but here's a recent WIP of a forest tileset constructed of everything I've drawn so far:
![](http://i49.tinypic.com/zvaeqg.png)
Maps will, of course, become more complex and attractive once I draw more tiles.
I personally guarantee competent work.
>! I've played enough RP's to know what keeps me coming back. (I believe) too many games here lack polish, originality, and _fun_. Beyond the recycled graphics and clunky gameplay, they regurgitate aspects of the MMORPG formula that have proven to be undesirable - IE go-to-and-collect-X-items quests and other grindy things. There's a lot of talent and great stuff here; I just think something better is possible.
>! An example of some features I'd like to include are below. These are just ideas and real decision making would be shared between us.

>! * Friend List/Chat
* Intuitive GUI and seamless interfaces
* Improved and interactive NPC dialogue
* Revised skill hotbar (4 special attacks dependent on the wielded weapon and 4 spells of choice)
* Instanced areas
* Party system (at least just for instanced maps)
* Content-heavy quests (plots, objectives, storyline twists, and unique zones)
* Event-based terrain changes (IE finish a quest, area changes)
* Dynamic skill systems - some that interact with terrain (IE chops tree -> factors in level/equipment -> gains wood and XP -> reverts to stump (for all players) -> respawns back into tree)
* Trading
* Guilds
* Banks
* Customized PVP system
>! Obviously if someone were to take the position they'd have their work _more than_ cut out for them, just as I do. So to sum it up, I'd need a team member with these traits:
>! * Knowleagable programming skills
* Motivation
* Patience - lots of it
* Maturity
* Anything else is a bonus!
>! I realize I'm asking for something next to a miracle of a teammate, so chances are slim. But if you're the magical one, and you feel like making something great, feel free to get in touch with me.
>! Skype: ajgrasle
Hotmail: [email protected]