Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Edit "server"?

Ganjika

a lot of the tutorials such as this [guild](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,78441.0.html) one say to edit "server"  in vb6, what entry is "server"? under server i see a bunch of little entries under three categories (module, forms and class modules).

but "server" itself isn't something that brings up a text box itself. where am i going wrong? :S

@Chapi:

> You need to open Server.vbp in VB6

I did - however i did also get an error that said "Automation error, error accessing the OLE registry but the  thing opened up (not sure if that effects anything).
Just cant find out what to open, theres a bunch of windows open
for each module and no "server" one.

@Ganjika:

> I did - however i did also get an error that said "Automation error, error accessing the OLE registry but the  thing opened up (not sure if that effects anything).
> Just cant find out what to open, theres a bunch of windows open
> for each module and no "server" one.

All the "windows" are the collection of code which make up your server. When someone says to go to your "server", it means to go to the server sided code.

@Sigridunset:

> All the "windows" are the collection of code which make up your server. When someone says to go to your "server", it means to go to the server sided code.

So i'll have to search each window until i find it? i do notice that some of these are labeled as to which window i would go to in which to produce the necessary edits but others were unlabeled… why is this? anywho, thanks for your feedback & for reading. :cheesy:

UPDATE: I know this is an old post (and one of my first from when i was brand new) but I just wanted to conclude this post but adding that I found i could press ctrl - F in vb6 and then press a radio button in the pop up window that says "search whole project".. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Once you work long enough with EO, you can pretty much guess where things from tutorials need to go, and you'll understand why once you try to understand the code. I recommend doing that even if you are doing tutorials. It helps you to not make a mistake the next time you do a tutorial. You also learn something, and hopefully figure out a great addition for EO, and give back to the community by writing a tutorial ^.^