Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Function for getting the players last position?

Justn

Ok so i have been helping my friend with a EO 2.3 project.. we have a roof system that was ripped from alatars house system.. basically there is a layer called roofs and when I player steps on a thresholds tile attribute the roof will toggle on and off..

the problem is when a player lets say walks left to right and steps on the tile the roof layer goes away.. that's what we want.. the problem is if the player doesn't continue to walk across the tile and decides to turn around and walk back the way they came the roof layer will be still off even though they are not inside a building I know its not a huge deal but kinda messes things up cause if they go back into the building the roof will turn back on making the system run backwards..

my question is does EO have a function for getting the direction the player just came from to prevent this? Any advice on how to fix this would be very helpful and if u need more info such as pics or code let me know ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Sherwin, read and stop being a complete derp everywhere.

And I'm not sure, I've never really cared to try and fidget with multi-layer maps.. Maybe make a tile attribute that switches the player to a 'top layer' or 'bottom' layer?