Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I change the overall max players who can join my server?

So in the end the methods provided by Exception and Lavos worked to fix the second bug I was having, the original MSCOM one, BUT JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS FINALLY CLEAR - WARNING! A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS! Gosh darn it. It took me like five hours to finally clear the MSCOM bug up and then this happens. Brb. Gonna go to a corner and cry myself to sleep. Attachment is provided below. K bye. :(

@'Growlith1223':

> You saved the project, you overwritten the Tabbed list, effectively removing everything within them

Huh? Can you elaborate more on this please? This error was taken out of the new fresh source code I had obtained. Then when I got the error on the new source code, I went ahead and tested it on the original "corrupted" one, to obtain the same error, so this must not be the result of saving anything if it affected the new one as well, but some other misc. error, from what it seems unfortunately. :(

my bad that's not what it is lol, that error is still due to MSCOMCTL, are you using the SP6 runtimes? you might want to retry that regtlib msdatsrc command again, that error means that a library could not be loaded, also by chance when you launch vb6 do you get an Object Library not Registered? if so, run as admin.

UPDATE: Nevermind guys. I have wasted far too much time I really don't have to spare on this project and trying to make this dang VB6 thing work, that it has gotten to the point that it is an unwanted load onto my already very busy schedule and life. I want to thank all those that offered assistance for your help, but guess this was just one situation that no matter what could not be fixed. I'll probably go in search of another 2D MMORPG engine that is far easier to deal with in terms of updating very important features that make a server a server. Maybe Xtremeworlds or something again, I don't know. Anyways I officially give up and am not going to be putting anymore time into trying to figure this out. If I do, i'll probably consult other individuals around me, not to bother you fine members anymore. Thanks again for everything and I hereby request a Moderator to lock my thread from further posts. Guess this just couldn't be helped. Anyways, i'll possibly see you guys again someday then, only made this account for this support purpose. See you guys later then. Thanks again for everything! Peace! :) - Miguel.

@'Growlith1223':

> if you want to wait a little while and /possibly/ add me on skype, i have a VB.NET engine im working on and yes, it's fairly simplified as well

Oh god. There is a "VB.NET"? What is that? Dear lord…the VB IS MULTIPLYING!!! Oh how I hope VB.NET is far easier to understand and use than VB6 and much less picky and buggy! Send me a PM with your skype username, sure I can add ya. But until then, i'm going to refrain from posting further on this thread now, so newer threads get their chance at the spotlight and no one else is further spammed if they get notifications. Again my last request is for a Moderator to close this thread. Growlith, send me that message man! Looking forward to hearing more about your engine, this VB.NET, and the like! To all who helped: Thanks again! So long old friends! This time for real! May we meet again someday! :)

EDIT: And now to go delete about 5 GB or so, maybe a little less or more, of files I downloaded to try and fix VB6 to no avail! Wish me luck!