Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Allow players to build?

Ganjika

> Write a function that unlocks map editor if it is a certain map number, then call it every time the user loads a new map.

Where would I make such modifications - I'm new to VB and still

unsure about how to code such information in.

Make sure you also adjust the packet limit if you do this, or your client will be disconnected before even half the map is sent.. Only admins can send enough packets per a specified amount of time to prevent people from flooding your server with requests and spamming it to death.

• 2 months later...
Been looking into this sort of thing again, I know slightly more about Vb6 and am still wondering how i could (at the very least) create a new rank (using the ranking system in dragon eclipse) and allow certain players of said rank to access either map editor or something similiar and either access A) -select- tilesets and/or also have the ability to need certain amount of resources to place tiles. I would like to have players be able to farm up mad resources

and eventually be able to BUILD stuff (ie; place tiles from a certain tileset(s),etc)

My idea of this is to have a mmorpg type game where the world is constantly changing - Where folks who have worked long and

hard farming can then use said resources not just for crafting and stuff but also can use it to pitch tents, houses, maybe even build wells and gather water (already implemented skills system) or things of this nature, where the world is constantly changing but the people cant just spam build houses or block paths (building would/should only be allowed in certain 'open' areas (but still most zones but not in key areas) - just like how in the old west or fudal or colonial days - when things were spreading out.).

Maybe not having people build ALL over but to thedegree of having a possibility of having building even being on the table

and having resources play a key role in it.

• 2 months later...