Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Walking Dead Game

Justn

Not sure if anyone has tried this out yet but after 3 of the 5 episodes I must say this is the most fun I have had with a game in awhile… I have never been a fan of the old adventure games genre but this game is special. You play as a dude named lee and ur a convicted murderer on his way to prison. You never make it to prison and yet find yourself in the beginning parts of a zombie apocalypse.. you take shelter in a home where u meet a young girl and you two a forced to try to survive... The game is very much not an action game but still has lots of gruesome zombie killing. One example is smashing a zombie kid in the face over and over again with a hammer to kill it... This game as with the walking dead comics and show focuses on the characters living in the world rather than the zombies themselves. This seems lame but after the first 15 mins I was hooked. You are forced to make to split second decisions that will affect everything from choosing who gets to eat that day, to if u should chop a trapped man's leg off with am ax(which is horribly gruesome, takes a few swings) and even whether or not you should shoot a ladies infected child. every action or dialogue choice you make is saved and other characters remember everything you say and do and it carries over to each episode.. by the end of the 5th episode your survivors and story will be very different from mine..

I have never played a game where I felt so involved in the story or the main character.. I wanted to make my character a "good guy" in the first episode where the decisions seem pretty clear good/bad.. but now I'm find myself acting like the main character making decisions to survivor and not trying to be good or bad.. and its the game that does to you.. its awesome possum possum possum how a game can pull me into a world that much. I suggest anyone who is not offended by gory stuff or strong language to check this game out.. I can't wait for the final two episodes.

Oh did I mention its only 5 bucks per episode. Each episode is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours long.

Wow had no idea there was an iPhone version.. that's still the telltale games one right? Ok I really don't like telltale games as a company during my wonderful experience with this game. First off let me say the gameplay/story far outway anything negative I'm about to say.. ok episode 1 came out and I didnt notice hardy anything wrong with it except two times it kinda hung up for.a.sec.between scenes which kinda was.lame.. then episode 2 came out and it was even worse with the glitches.. but it still didn't matter the story was so good and thrilling it didn't cross my mind like it did in the first… And after each episode it does a "next time on walking dead" and plays a teaser of the.next episode with some of ur choices showing.. and they were completely glitched most of time.. well when i downloaded episode three I started a new game from.episode 1 and i noticed those all seemed to be.fixed and episode 3 was not buggy at all on my end. I'm using the xbox version..

Another problem I have is with telltale when I paid for the first episode it said that they were releasing 1 a month cool right.. well epsiode 2 didn't come out for over 2 months. And telltale never even mentioned anything about till 3 days before it came out.. episode 3 they said august which was still 2 more months after the second one but atleast they said.something... But for only 25 bucks after all 5 are out I'm sure its well worth it.. I would have paid 60 bucks for this game.. but duck u telltale games as a whole