Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Netbook Size (fix please)

clark

Hey guys !

I finally made a screensize for the netbook computers (640x480) (for my game) everything works correctly but the map is too big so the character when move at the bottom of the screen it still continue to walk but nobody can see it because of the screen being small.

is there a code that when the character move at the sides of the screensize it move the camera to show the rest of the map?

Here the netbook size

if i go down or right after the screensize the camera don't follow the character

![](http://imageshack.us/a/img703/8718/screenszie.png)

normal map size :

![](http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3421/map1mv.png)

I would like that the camera follow the character even if the map is too big compared to the screenssize

Oh, I know this fix…ok there's a certain way this needs to be done..ok so let's say the screen size is 800 you'd have to divide that by 32 and -1..it has to come out to be a whole number...so you have to have the correct values in your constants.

So for example, screen height = 800 divide by 32 and subtract by one....800/32 = 25 - 1 = 24...(which you'll notice is in the constants) you'll also have to do the same for the pic screen width.

Note the height doesn't have to be 800, but it's a good example.

Edit: Here's the actual fix, search for

> Map constants in mod constants

Change Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = "What ever number" into Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 19

and then change >

> Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = "Some number"

into

> Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 14

I mean the screen size it's correct for now ^^ but when th character move (when you want to see the rest of the map ) it doesn't show it i mean the character dissapear after reaching the window size

i don,t want to resize the map because there is two version one notebook et the other normal ^^

There look above I just posted the actual solution, it should fix the character going off the screen,

Edit: I believe I made those values thinking by 600x480 those were the screen sizes, if they aren't first you have to tell me your screen sizes.