Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Rift fans?

JohnPony

I liked rift, and thought it was enjoyable contrary to popular belief calling it another "WOW" clone. Although, i tried WOW on multiple occasions and i always became bored within the first few minutes, right was engaging from the very moment i logged in.

To the point, it looks like Rift: Storm Legion will be coming out soon; and i may just start playing again.

[http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/](http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/)

Will anyone else be playing this?

Well, having played it for a year I can definitely say it's a WoW clone down to the core mechanics minus a few gimmicks really. Nevertheless, this did not make it any less enjoyable.. The community (or lack thereof) after the River of Souls was released was just getting on my nerves. And now my account is inaccessible, and to contact support you have to log in, so I kinda gave up until they sort their stuff out. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) The world events and pre-raid/patch events were amazing though, rushing through the world with 500 people to slaughter and fend back an invasion coming from random locations and whatnot.

What I did like however, was the fact that you actually had to put EFFORT into gaining gear. You couldn't faceroll your keyboard and get into raids. No, you had to go through normal dungeons > Tier 1(took about five weeks to gain enough gear unless you were extremely lucky) > Tier 2(Took even longer these, things took hoursss) and then Raids from Tier 1 > Tier 2 etc. Sure, there were a few craftables.. But there was actual progression, unlike WoW had at the time were any mongrel could get the latest raid gear within two days.

I agree with you on most points. I remember playing for around 4-5 weeks to get capped out to level 50, and around a week or two more to get all purple gear (I don't remember what it was called). I never got the chance to get alot of the very rare gear from raids, although once in awhile i would get a piece such as my boots.

From what i remember i was a Rogue, which was preferred to me due to the fact that i could head into a raid/pvp/dungeon with two different styles of combat.

#1: I could stand back from the battle and take it easy, hitting slower but at the same time massive amounts of DPS on a single or multiple players.

#2: Going full Assassin/Rogue style on people with melee combat, making myself invisible and getting some great DPS with backstabs etc.

I still cannot figure out why this game appealed to be right away while WOW turned me off instantly, i guess it may of been the starting level/tutorial that was more direct then WOW's.

Regards,

General Pony

I used to play the following roles on my Rogue:

1) Tank

2) Support(Bard)

3) Melee (actual stabby stab rogue-yness)

4) Hunter/Ranged

Quite a bit of versatility.. Same with my Mage, had a ton of specs and whatnot that were all significantly different and really had to change depending on the group and/or encounter.