Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Resized pixel art

Jeff

Hello eclipse, I come to you in need of your opinions on the following piece of pixel art.

![](http://i.imgur.com/AvxXZ.png)

It consists of 2 grass tiles and a tree tile. Everything is resized from 16x16 to 32x32\. I'm not really going for an ancient old-school style, more like chrono trigger era. I'm not sure where to go on the palette. Right now it's a little unsaturated, but I'm not sure whether or not I want to make it more hue shifted or keep relatively realistic hues.

Also, I'm more interested in the trees than the grass. I will almost certainly redo the grass tile, but in a similar style.

Palette is nice as Lollicat mentioned. There grid is visible on the grass tiles, I can see that you worked strictly in a 32x32 box without worrying too much about how they connect. Put the tiles 2x2 together, and then work on it as a whole, before taking out the middle to use as an improved version of the tile. As for the tree, it lacks depth and definition. Try some sort of outline, and more depth at the base.

I think that's a pretty good start with the palette, honestly. I'd play around with hue shifting a little bit, realistically the more lit part of the foliage would be warmer and more into the yellow spectrum and the shaded parts cooler (this all depends on the setting though, of course). What you have now though is alright on it's own without it, I do agree it could use some saturation though. I've always had problems with saturation myself, I get used to the colors and more bold colors end up looking jarring to me and then 2 days later I'll look at the same piece and its all blah, lol.

I can tell your getting the right idea with the foliage though, but overall the line art doesn't have much structure and the trunk lacks an outline entirely.

I've gotta go now, I'll come back later and try to expand on the criticism with some constructiveness later, lol.