Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a quick debate.

Yanno how enterbrain says that you cannot use anything fro the RTP installation (sprites, sounds, music ect). Well what if you map in rpg maker, and take a screenshot of the map, and place the map.bmp image an map that way. Is that still technically using there tilesets???? Just curious.

Out of the 30 million people in the world that have the rpgmaker vx engine, and all of them who post screenshots, of there game, say you wanted the image of the map though, you could just google an image of someones map and use it withough actually touching the engine your self. That way you dont have to agree by there license since you never used there engine?

Dude don;t worry about it. When you buy rpg maker, they give you the right to publish your game using their graphics. So who cares if you use their graphic on their engine or another. I'm sure theirs terms &conditions doesn't specify "cannot use rmxp graphics on a free open source engine"

Also what happens when so many people and so many engines use your graphics, it becomes very hard for enterbrain to start sueing everyone. I really wouldn't sweat it. Even pokemon doesn't sure pokemon games, they ask you to shut down your game (which i've heard happened to pokemon games but nvr to rmxp games)

> Dude don;t worry about it. When you buy rpg maker, they give you the right to publish your game using their graphics. So who cares if you use their graphic on their engine or another. I'm sure theirs terms &conditions doesn't specify "cannot use rmxp graphics on a free open source engine"
>
> Also what happens when so many people and so many engines use your graphics, it becomes very hard for enterbrain to start sueing everyone. I really wouldn't sweat it. Even pokemon doesn't sure pokemon games, they ask you to shut down your game (which i've heard happened to pokemon games but nvr to rmxp games)

Actually it says the graphics can only be used in their engine.

Thank you, someone understand my logic. Ill do it. ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)! Look man i understand the stupidity of this but its still just a question. Iv weve all been there at some point.

> Thank you, someone understand my logic. Ill do it. ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)! Look man i understand the stupidity of this but its still just a question. Iv weve all been there at some point.

> Seems like it would limit you anyway, since if I'm understanding correctly, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the fringe layer?

Exactly.

If your going to do that, you might as well use the tiles like everyone else here does. Why limit yourself for things like fringe, for something thats not anymore legal. Screenshots or tiles, both are illegal. Are you every going to get sued? no. will you get a letter to shut down ur progress? no. (unless u get like 10k users which wont happen)

> Exactly.
>
> If your going to do that, you might as well use the tiles like everyone else here does. Why limit yourself for things like fringe, for something thats not anymore legal. Screenshots or tiles, both are illegal. Are you every going to get sued? no. will you get a letter to shut down ur progress? no. (unless u get like 10k users which wont happen)

>world of hyrule

Well iv done some reading, apparently there are people out there who have created custom tilesets out of the default rpgmaker tilesets, and this is ok from enterbrain. So I might end up doing that. I just like there style of graphics.