Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO EventSys 2.3] Two paperdolls for one item based on gender?

lcarens

Good evening,

I already searched for this, and I was unable to find anything that would work with EO.

What I am trying to do is have the client pull a different paperdoll image based on the gender of the player who equipped the item.

If they are male, it would use 'client/data files/graphics/paperdolls/male/(item number).bmp'

If they are female, it would use 'client/data files/graphics/paperdolls/female/(item number).bmp'

Any suggestions? I found one that changes the paperdoll based off of the player's class, and another that simply disallows the player to equip anything that is designed for another gender, but neither of those are what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Lcarens

> I made something like this for a guy name Cristian. Not in tut section in Source section of Question & Ans board.
>
> You might what to check it.

I saw that, but that's not what I'm looking for. You have it set up so that there's a 'Female?' checkbox that (I'm assuming) will lock it to only being equipped by one gender.

What I'm looking for is that the same item will have two paperdoll sprites, and which one the engine uses is dependent on the gender of the character that has it equipped.

Add a male/female folder to the paperdolls thingymajick, and add in the male/female paperdolls with the exact same numbers.. Pick a paperdoll in the editor(after making the nessecary folder adjustments, texture additions and whatnot in the code) and presto ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> Add a male/female folder to the paperdolls thingymajick, and add in the male/female paperdolls with the exact same numbers.. Pick a paperdoll in the editor(after making the nessecary folder adjustments, texture additions and whatnot in the code) and presto ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. And I figured I might as well post it as a tutorial in case anyone else wants it.

I was just hoping that there was already something made.