Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[need] knowledgable coder for Eclipse

jsorr2

You'd think that the amount of people who ask help for pokemon mmo's, you'd all be highly skilled in the arts of coding one, so much so that it would be included in your resume.

I have a big list of things (12+) that I need added to my Eclipse Advance engine, which I will spoiler at the end of the post. If anyone can accomplish any number in the spoiler, pm me or reply here and we can settle a price.

here are some maps of work that we've done:

pic 1

>! ![](http://i48.tinypic.com/208w87t.png)

pic 2

>! ![](http://i49.tinypic.com/2n85wki.png)

pic 3

>! ![](http://i49.tinypic.com/idx99y.png)

Let me just make a side note here, if the only thing making you **not** help is Eclipse advance, we **can** convert to origins, if you are willing to help.

>! **These all can be explained in depth more, they are just simple broad terms so you can have a basic understanding of what it is.**
>! 1\. battle start coding for a select amount of tiles (such as grass, cave floors), which intiaites battle interface.
>! 2\. buttons on side of screen that do (will provide screenshots of what every window looks like):
>! party: current party members (max 6). If party pokemon clicked, 4 options: move up, move down, information, cancel. top party member cant move up, bottom party member cant move down. If stats is clicked, open new window in middle of screen showing: picture of pokemon, ID number, trainer number, type of pokemon, nature, lvl, gender, name/nickname, no it is in pokedex.
>! bag: shows how much money - 4 mini slots in bag for : items, pokeballs, key items, hm/tm
>! friends list: 2 mini areas for friends and ignored
>! personal stats: open new little box in middle of game that states Id no, name, pvp (win number and lose number), pokedex (seen number, caught number), money number, total time played, pvp rank.
>! pokedex: open new box in middle of game, with options to scroll through 493 profiles of pokemon. It will include height, colour, weight, number pokemon they are, a scroll bar, sort (no., name, type), mini picture of pokemon selected, short description of pokemon, total amount seen / 493, total amount caught /493.
>! settings: sound, CPU usage (high, med, low), change password (new box asking for current password, new password, retyped password), logout, accept, cancel.
>! 3\. battle screen to have 4 buttons:
>! fight: opens up menu where 4 moves can be selected depending on pokemon
>! run: chance to end battle depending on pokemon level compared to opponents
>! bag: open gui bag options as stated above.
>! pokemon: open box in middle of window and show current party members (max 6). If clicked, ask: swap pokemon (which will change current party member to selected member), information (new box in window showing, cancel.
>! 4.
>! Battle screen to have 2 bars, 1 for your pokemon, 1 for opponents:
>! hp bar: hit points left of your pokemon, and same for opponent, hp bar to alos have number underneath indicating out of what is left.
>! Level: level of your pokemon and level of theirs.
>! pokeball: pokeball on their bar indicating if caught or not.
>! gender: gender of yours and their pokemon.
>! 5.
>! Wild pokemon battles:
>! wait for player to select move and then calculate whether player's pokemon or wild pokemon has higher speed stat. Higher speed goes first. Get wild pokemon to pick a random move out of its select (max 4 moves). Make pokemon be able to be caught by player, if player has a type of pokeball (6 types). Make pokemon go into party, if caught, and if space. If no space, pokemon PC, which can be accessed in pokecenter. Make pokemon easier to catch if lower hp and if status effect on it.
>! 6.
>! moves:
>! there are a huge list of moves, each with their own "number of uses", "power" and "type".
>! Make some move types 2x stronger on the weak type of pokemon. and 2x weaker on the resistant type of pokemon. These have to be calculated while in either a wild or trainer battle. everytime a moved is used, let the "number of uses" go down by 1 from maximum, and remember lost number until pokemon is -refreshed- at a pokecenter.
>! 7.
>! Pokemon center:
>! Allow pokemon to be refreshed back to full hp, full move uses, remove ailgments, revive from death, if talk to an npc inside.
>! If accessing computer, open new window and show pokemon that have been stored inside, the "box" number (maximum 16), and ability to scroll through boxes. when pokemon is clicked in box: withdraw, info, cancel. When party pokemon is clicked while box is open: deposit, info, cancel. When box is closed, shuffle all pokemon to left, so there are no spaces left.
>! 8.
>! npc battle:
>! 4 buttons:
>! move, bag, run, pokemon
>! most of stuff same from wild pokemon battle, except the pokeball icon to show if caught of not is not there, and the npc's pokemon will pick a move dependant on whether it is super effective, or "normal" effective against the players pokemon. (e.g., water type move against players fire type pokemon)
>! Can't use run in npc battles, cant catch NPC's pokemon, if switching pokemon, counts as your turn and opponent gets an attack, however switch will always go first, unless a specific move is used (pursuit) in which case its power is doubled.
>! 9.
>! Ailgments:
>! burn: pokemon is hurt 1/16th its hp every turn. its physical attacked is reduced by half.
>! poison: pokemon is hurt 1/16th hp every turn.
>! deadly poison: pokemon is hurt 1/16th hp, compounding (1/16th, next turn 2/16th, next turn 4/16th, etc.)
>! paralyzed: pokemon has chance to not be able to attack. pokemons speed is reduced by half.
>! While out of battle if pokemon is poisoned or deadly poisoned, take away 1/50th hp every step taken.
>! 10.
>! Pokemon:
>! pokemon will each have individual stats
>! pokemon will each have a hidden value to alter their stats (0-31)
>! each pokemon can gain an additional stat called evs. 4 evs in a stat = 1 stat point added (maximum 510 evs)
>! there are 6 stats:
>! hp: health
>! p. att: physical attack
>! sp. attack: special attack
>! def: defence (against physical attacks)
>! sp. def: special defense (against special attacks)
>! spe: speed
>! I can provide calculators for the damage.
>! Each wild pokemon will give an ev to the pokemon who killed it.
>! each wild pokemon will give a certain amount of experience points to any pokemon who entered the battle while the opponent was still alive.
>! each pokemon will have a happiness value (maximum 255). hapiness affects some pokemons ability to evolve.
>! 11.
>! evolution:
>! when some pokemon reaches a certain lvl (maximum lvl 100) it will evolve. When it evolves, change sprite, change name if no nickname, add on stats, but keep evs, ivs same. Have option to not allow your pokemon to evolve.
>! Evolutions will occur directly after the battle is finished. And will open a new window in the middle of the screen, and ask, "name is evolving, would you like "name" to evolve?".

So, basically you want someone to program the entire system of what makes a Pokémon game.. well, a Pokémon game? (just to add a TL;DR)

Anyhow, good luck with this. Just keep in mind that Nintendo is not the friendliest kid in town to mess with and use their Licensed IP without permission from. And that the amount of work that needs to be done to create a turn based combat system with all the Pokémon abilities is a LOT of work, so I wouldn't hold your breath on someone being able to do it in a short period of time.

• 3 weeks later...