Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There's Always a Deeper Meaning - Sleepyhead

JeffSventora

I'm absolutely in love with this song. Take a listen to it. It seems like a happy upbeat song but when you read/closely observe the lyrics you might find the song isn't as happy as it seems.

**SONG** [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbJtOAkHy4](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbJtOAkHy4)

**LYRICS** **And everything is going to the beat** **And everything is going to the beat** **And everything is going**

**And you said** **It was like fire around the brim** **Burning solid** **Burning thin the burning rim** **Like stars burning holes right through the dark** **Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes** **You were one inch from the edge of this bed** **I drag you back a sleepyhead, sleepyhead**

**They couldn't think of something to say the day you burst** **With all their lions and all their might and all their thirst** **They crowd your bedroom like some thoughts wearing thin** **Against the walls against your rules against your skin** **My beard grew down to the floor and out through the doors** **Of your eyes but go in disguise like a sleepyhead, sleepyhead**

**Go ahead**

I'll go ahead and break it down, at least in a way that I understood these lyrics which conveyed such an intense amount of emotion I felt that I was forced to share my feelings with you. I'll do it line by line:

–--------------------------------------------------------

I'll start by assuming that this is a tragic story of love and loss from the perspective of a man talking to a woman.

**And everything is going to the beat** - Everything is going great, me and you have a lot in common, we get along, we are bound to be together.

**And everything is going** - The more I've gotten to know you the more I realize this may be harder than it seems.

**And you said** **It was like fire around the brim** - When I told you that I loved you, the feeling overwhelmed you, you were filled with so much fiery passion.

**Like stars burning holes right through the dark** **Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes** - You realized you loved me in return, the tears started to project from your eyes, your eyes are beautiful.

**You were one inch from the edge of this bed** **I drag you back a sleepyhead, sleepyhead** - Even though we shared the same feelings, you knew certain complications would not make this easy, you didn't want to hurt so you tried to stray away. I wouldn't accept it so I pulled you right back. I couldn't accept that your hope was dead, it was just asleep.

**They couldn't think of something to say the day you burst** - You knew they wouldn't accept our love and our future but you knew they couldn't find out the hard way, you let it all out.

**With all their lions and all their might and all their thirst** **They crowd your bedroom like some thoughts wearing thin** - Instantly you felt the rage consume them, you knew it would happen this way, and you knew it wouldn't be easy.

**Against the walls against your rules against your skin** - Your defense was no match, your morals and feelings served no justification. They viewed us being too different for compatibility.

**My beard grew down to the floor and out through the doors** - You disappeared and I waited for you to return but you didn't so I had to search for you.

**Of your eyes but go in disguise like a sleepyhead, sleepyhead** - I knew things would be rough but not this rough, I know you are not dead, you're just sleeping. You must be sleeping.

**Go ahead** - Wake up