Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a little help…

Rydo

Hey there! well, I was working on a crafting system for my project and I came across an error with this code:

```

' Proficiencies smithy

SetPlayerSmithExp Index, Buffer.ReadLong

TNSM = Buffer.ReadLong

frmMain.lblSmithExp.Caption = GetPlayerSmithExp(Index) & "/" & TNSM

' Proficiencies alchemy

SetPlayerAlchemyExp Index, Buffer.ReadLong

TNAL = Buffer.ReadLong

frmMain.lblAlchemyExp.Caption = GetPlayerAlchemyExp(Index) & "/" & TNAL

' Proficiencies enchant

SetPlayerEnchantsExp Index, Buffer.ReadLong

TNEN = Buffer.ReadLong

frmMain.lblEnchantsExp.Caption = GetPlayerEnchantsExp(Index) & "/" & TNEN

```

I was expecting this error as I have not created these labels because the engine I use has a fully rendered GUI. I was wondering if someone could give me some help as to make this properly function. I use eclipse reborn ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Keep in mind I'm still learning vb6 and my main coder is on **vacation**.

Make the variables required for this as Globals(Public As ) in modGlobals or wherever

Then take OUT the lines that are using labels, and then in Render_Graphics, goto where it renders some text, or you can use DrawGUI, and use the RenderText and use the same text you wanted for the text Arg.

If you're wanting it as labels, then just create the labels lol.

Hope this Helps ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

That seemed to help ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png), I just placed the labels on it and put the code under the mana and health bar code (Until I made a new picframe with stats)

But im getting a error saying "method or data member not found" and it highlights .chkGrid < this is something I never ever changed I believe

omg now it says variable not defined for NumItem

```

Private Sub Form_Load()

' If debug mode, handle error then exit out

If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

scrlPic.Max = [b]NumItems[/b]

scrlAnim.Max = MAX_ANIMATIONS

scrlPaperdoll.Max = NumPaperdolls

' Error handler

Exit Sub

ErrorHandler:

HandleError "Form_Load", "frmEditor_Item", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext

Err.Clear

Exit Sub

End Sub

```

no, depending on what that error is from…if it's from the frmEditor_Items, then no. look for a sub, i think it's in the clsDirectX8 or whater but there should be a sub there that counts everything. look for that sub, it will have a bunch of

```

Do While

```
look for the one for the items.if it's what im thinking of, it's to do with the Sprite for the item so it would have to be because of that…also try looking in the modGlobals as well.