Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making money off of a game

poke1103

I see this project is open source. I was wondering, are you allowed to use this for commercial purposes? For instance, if I make a big game and it gets popular and I want to make money off of it, can I do so? Can I make membership for my game, sell items for cash and other things of the such?

-You cannot take this engine and release it as your own. Nor for free, nor for money.

-You can make money off your game as long as it does not infringe copyright for the ressources you used.

> If you use custom graphics, sprites, icons etc

> If all your music belongs to you.

> If all your music files are NOT .mp3 (mp3 requires a license if you get 3k players or more)

-You are not required to pay Eclipse if your game makes money, However the staff would strongly recommend you give credit to the Eclipse team for the engine.

-Your game's name does count too for copyrights so make a full search first.

Eclipse games who make money do not make profit. I suggests you do not sell currency or items but instead add a Donation button so players can help you pay for server costs, etc..

If you want to make profit, and start your own business, this is not the right engine and you will not succeed alone.

I hope this answers all your questions, feel free to ask more if need be.