Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Label that writes message out letter by letter(

purplystuff

Hey guys.. I need a little bit of help. I'm making npc message box.. which is done.. But when he talks I want the message to write out letter by letter such as games like, Paper mario series.. and well most video games.. and no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out a way to do that. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

P.S. If you don't know what I mean.. I want it to write out LETTER-BY-LETTER.

> I'm using a label, it's for npc message box. It displays npc attack say message, but writes out letter by letter through the label.

Wich version is that? in EO 2.0 the attack say message are send from the server to the client with the PlayerMsg sub. Anyway whenver you are receiving the packet from the server store the message to a global variable and use the following code in the main loop

```

if Trim$(message) != vbNullString Then

if timer < Tick Then

if counter < Len(message) Then

label.caption = MId$(message, 1, counter)

counter = counter + 1

else

message = vbNullString

counter = 1

end if

timer = Tick + 500 'This number means that a letter will be written every 500 milliseconds or half a second change to your liking

end if

end if

```

message is your global variable wich holds the message, counter is a variable set to 1 outside the loop and timer is the variable wich is used to check if the desired time has passed