Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I start server, it doesn't go online. [ RESOLVED ]

SPIKEYBOI

I know the title of the topic is a bit misleading so I'll add more information. When I start the server, it starts under my local IP and not my Internet IP. The other person who wants to join the server can't join unless the server is broadcasted over the Internet and not just locally.

Basically, it seems like the server is hosting on the network from my router, but not from the Internet itself. If we were on the same router I could do it that way, but we aren't. I'm guessing this is what port forwarding is for?

> I know the title of the topic is a bit misleading so I'll add more information. When I start the server, it starts under my local IP and not my Internet IP. The other person who wants to join the server can't join unless the server is broadcasted over the Internet and not just locally.
>
> Basically, it seems like the server is hosting on the network from my router, but not from the Internet itself. If we were on the same router I could do it that way, but we aren't. I'm guessing this is what port forwarding is for?

You guessed right you need to portforward that server address you see on the server info, it shouldn't be too hard if you just google a tutorial. Hamachi is just a horrible method, don't do it.

> It's true, Hamachi is a terrible method. But if you are a small dev team that cant get a server host or portforward, its the best option.

The Hamachi method isn't terrible. It not ideal because its third party software that people need to download, but I know quite a few people who don't mind it.