Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Interval Healing Spell

escfoe2

Well my issue seems simple but I can't seem to debug it. I'm creating a spell that heals a player's health 'over time'. The picture below shows how I have it set up(removed). Now it displays over the player +40 in green every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. However, it doesn't heal my hp. I've tried the fix of having an npc targeted but it seems to just heal my health completely all at once. I've tried setting the range to 1 tile. I don't want it to heal anything or anyone but the player that casts it. Have I set it up wrong or is there an issue with the code that doesn't allow it to accomplish this?

EDIT: I fingered it out!! Server-Side>modCombat>SpellPlayer_Effect. The problem I was having was not that it wasn't healing, only that it wasn't updating the health of the player. I added a DoEvents and a SendVital index, HP call underneath each of the two calls to SetVital. Then, in Server>modCombat>HandleHoT_Player I did the same thing… Problem solved... Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem.

BELOW IS NOT IMPORTANT BUT MAY HELP SOMEONE ELSE

The direction setting in the spells allows WAY too much movement. (max of 32,767 to be exact) This causes an error but is an easy fix.

Simply change the default lblDir caption to "Dir: Up" (not necessary but you'll see why I did it if you choose not to)

Set the 'Max' on the scrlDir scrollbar to 3 (necessary). No more errors, no more problem. ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Just wanted to put that out there. No response to this portion is needed,it's rhetorical ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)