Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VB Code request: Custom points system.

MrIce

So, may be a big request, but my game need a particular set of codes that i have at the moment no idea how to work on.

First off, i need to implement a points system. Im using the event system engine, the newest released one.

More about it, the points system is preatty simple to imagine, i need to replace the "gold" text above the "buttons" on the gui to show "points" that the player gets by doing events(the events i make). And my thought is that it calculates the points of each player using a variable, as i have the event system i think its possible(i think). for example, i make a variable named "points", and then make a event, lets say a NPC. And when the player kills this NPC, i edit the event so it adds a value of 10 to the variable "points".

And, if this is possible, make it show a text that says "Lv:'X' Points:'X" (( LV = Level )) above the name(x:es replaced with the variable value).

Is this possible? if so, any decent programmer that could help me out with this and make it? Much appriciated!

EDIT: To make it easier to understand what i need=

* Show LVL & Points above name
* Points system ( Show my custom varibale value above player name and in GUI)
* Be able to add events that adds a value to the variable.

I think i could figure it out myself im not so new in programming, lets say i make a variable "points". What do i enter as command in VB to make the text show the value of that "variable"?

I mean, i maybe explained it somehow hard, its preatty simple, i just need the command to VB that makes the "text label" i do show variable value.

Dude, just copy the code you have for the gold, then add it above the gold. Changing names for your objects and variables of course. Hey presto, you have two types of currency representation and you can use both as currency.

Don't forget to add a new label now ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)