Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO 2.3 log out issue

dr.grumbles

hi, ive been fiddling with the Eclipse Event System version of the engine, and ive been having a problem with the logging out of a client.

playing around with a couple of machines in my household, ill have the server running fine and dandy, clients log in perfectly fine, but when i close the clients and exit the game, the server does not register that the client has logged off/quit so to speak, so the server assumes the client is still logged in, and that client/account cannot log into the game server unless an admin or server admin disconnects the player/account from the server manually, is there a fix for this?

thank to any who can provide help, much appreaciated.

Considering nobody else has reported this issue, I believe the problem is with you, not the engine itself. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't help you. Sorry ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)

okay, well, considering i haven't altered anything apart from the server's IP address for the clients, im pretty stuck then S: not sure what to do about it.

is there a specific way that you could write a small section of code that checks for something like heartbeat packets to see if the client is still connected?