Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Agervita, From Agriculture To Industry!

JohnPony

**What's it about?**

You start with a field, some seeds, and the intention to build an entire kingdom! As you progress through the game you will progress from a small family run farm, to an agricultural village, to a full blown industrial metropolis! You'll make new tools, methods of farming, and gain NPC followers throughout your journey. Your decisions will determine how far you will venture, will you build a kingdom and gain vast riches, or will you die desperate and alone in an unforgiving wilderness?

**Progress?**

As I'm making this game from scratch in C#, and I have little to know artistic skills, there isn't much to show, although I've already finished tons of back end systems that will drive the game through to completion!

Below I'll keep track of the progress, as well as some nice screenshots to gaze at ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

GUI Implementation - 60% / Still need to make a few behind the scenes improvements.

Rendering Implementation - 100% / We're good to go here!

Player Storage - 90% / Just need to setup the online database!

Audio - 100% / We're all good here, just need to build an audio library!

World Storage - 10% / I haven't worked on this much, although I know exactly how I'll complete this!

Scripting - 30% / The backend implementation is there, I just need to bring in "hook-points", which will be editable through scripting!

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/d41272aa4fee023b778869e1796ec21c.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/8a63a38d074a2475668e040e708661a3.png)

**The Team:**

Project Owner / Lead Programmer - General Awesome / John.

Artist - NA .

Web Developer - Aaron.

* PM me if you're interesting in joining the team, work reference will be required!

Regards,

GA

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/8a63a38d074a2475668e040e708661a3.png)

Small update of the menu with an image I stole off of Google Images for the background, and a crappy GUI I made in Gimp in around 5 minutes =P

I personally feel that this genre in particular is a bit played out at the moment, but no one has the right to stop ya from throwing it together. I also don't understand the whole nostalgia thing going on with top-down 2D, 16-bit graphics. It's so.. 1995.

> I personally feel that this genre in particular is a bit played out at the moment, but no one has the right to stop ya from throwing it together. I also don't understand the whole nostalgia thing going on with top-down 2D, 16-bit graphics. It's so.. 1995.

I'm not really set on the graphic style yet; I'm waiting to find an artist who could help me brainstorm a bit in that area. As for the genre being outplayed, I totally agree, although I feel as though there is always the chance to turn out something decent from something previously disregarded as being old and overused, which is what I'm shooting for.

I just finished tweaking the GUI class a bit, which allows me to add children, and click handlers for them. It also allows me to declare whether or not the parent will be dragged when the mouse down event is over the child.

Thanks for the feedback,

GA

> I support this game because the more back-end coding you get done for it, the more back-end coding you get done for our C# online engine!

Yeah, a majority of the code I write for this game will be used in C# engine, so that's a two birds with one stone situation.

> I finished writing the MySQL class that will handle site and game integration, which will help a bunch.
>
> I'll try and have a demo of the gameplay out this weekend, so stay tuned!
>
> Regards,
>
> GA

Make time to get on Skype? D:<