Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its Been Awhile

TheDuke

Hello all!

I've been around since the Mirage days as (Gawian or Crusix) and have been poking around here the past few days and I have questions to get up to speed.

1\. What programming language is the most recent engine in (please don't say its still VB6 :-/ )

2\. What is Intersect? I see thats in C# but I'm not sure the difference between it and Eclipse

3\. Is there any where to see a full detailed feature list for the engine?

4\. Is it still open source / whats the license now?

Thanks in advance!

1) Ok, I won't tell you… Zynato (current owner) is making an engine in one of the C langs

2) Intersect is JC's engine (he branched off to make his own community)

3) Depends on the engine. I think ER (Eclipse Renewal) has a pretty good list, but I might need to update it. It's a VB6 engine

4) Yeah, everything here is still open source but Zynato's engine is planned to be partially closed source but use plugins or something (sort of like unity)

@'Mohenjo:

> 1) Ok, I won't tell you… Zynato (current owner) is making an engine in one of the C langs
>
> 2) Intersect is JC's engine (he branched off to make his own community)
>
> 3) Depends on the engine. I think ER (Eclipse Renewal) has a pretty good list, but I might need to update it. It's a VB6 engine
>
> 4) Yeah, everything here is still open source but Zynato's engine is planned to be partially closed source but use plugins or something (sort of like unity)

Thanks! How does everyone feel about VB6? Is it a "dead language" with risk of being unsupported? Also are there still a lot runtime error associated with it on Windows 10?

So been doing some google detective work today searching around for nostalgic mirage source stuff and i stumble here with post from TODAY!!.

I was solance around Mirage Source and playerworlds communities many many eons ago when it all kicked off.

What active project out there remain? I wish we had more history of that era preserved, so we could measure the impact and reach these projects had.