Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EE 2.7 Main

Hello. I have a problem with the Main in EE 2.7 . Everytime I switch it with the Main from a different version, it works just fine. But when I attack an NPC, it makes the attack sound and nothing else. I rechecked the NPC for all the stats for it to be killed, and they were okay. I switched the Main back to the 2.7 Main. Then after that, I can hit the NPC with no problem.

I want to use the Main from EE 1.0, since it's more simpler and it contains for subs. What I don't like from the 2.7 Main is how the command scripts are written. I don't really know how to convert command scripts from older versions to 2.7\. I just want to use many command scripts like the Away Command, the Custom Message/Guild Name Script, the Guild MOTD Script, and many more.

If you could please help me if there's a solution to use the EE 1.0 Main, or even write the commands in a new 2.7 Main and send it to me.

Thank you very much.

> "/warpto"
> If GetPlayerAccess(Index) > 0 Then
> MapNum = TextSay(1)

Its just a guess, but I think
var = TextSay(1)
automatically does all the Lcase crap, like automatically detects whats after the space.

I think it was just changed to be more freindly, try tinkering with a little test bit using the new method

The mains aren't indentical. There are a couple subs in 2.7 that play bigger roles than they did in previous versions. OnAttack is one of them. Make sure to keep 2.7's OnAttack, OnArrowHit, PlayerHit, and HotScript subs. All the rest is replacable. So, take those subs from 2.7's main, copy them to your old one, and it should work just fine. Also, make sure to copy over the global declares at the beginning of 2.7's main, which includes OnServerLoad, OnScriptReload, and ChangeMOTD.

I really don't like the setup of the new default Commands sub, personally. Many slash-commands in the database won't work with it, as they use spaces in the command title. The old one was fine. Splitting the text is handy, but not for every command. Besides, newbs to scripting won't know how to convert over. It removes the ease of the "copy and paste" commands.

I copied and pasted the Sub OnAttack, Sub OnArrowHit, Sub OnPlayerHit, and Sub Hotscript at the bottom of the old Main…..AND I CAN ATTACK NPCs WITH THE OLD MAIN!!!

Thank You Very Much Balliztik!! Your my hero!  :P

No need for you to try and convert it yourself DrNova. But thanks for your help too.

EDIT: I don't know about the Global Delcares, the OnServerLoad, OnScriptReload and ChangeMOTD but I only put Global Declares and it worked without the rest. Do I need to put the others too?