Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who's got the best active game running at the moment ?

Sojourner

Hey guys, I'm sure some of you remember me from way back.

I'm looking for some mapping work, for shits and giggles. Just one or two locations now and again to keep my eye in.

Since Baron Abandoned the whole eclipse thing I havent had much to do in the way of mapping, since that was sorta my thing, as some of you might remember, I'd like to take on a small job or two in the meantime.

For anyone who doesn't remember me, I'm a multimedia designer, and top notch mapper. My tutorials are probably still floating around somewhere =/ I'm also known in-game as Hydrogelic .

Also, Hi everyone ^_^ How's stuff around the old stomping grounds?

To answer your title: Probably Mr Miguu… he works strangely though. Sometimes he gets back on my questions, sometimes he ignores them. And once he made this newbie a moderator for no reason.  Or it could be DrNova and his StarJumper.

And things are going as usual;
Kreator reluctantly helping all the newbies. People getting mad at him.
Newbies asking stupid questions, as always.
More games appearing.
Same old.
Same old.

Long time no see. :)
The community has changed quite a lot since your time I think, but much of the core group is still around (although I don't think much of them are making games anymore). I'm not sure about "the best" active game around right now though, you'll have to lurk a bit, or maybe ask DrNova.

Man, I used to have actual status around here >_<

*Looks at his abysmal user stats and whimpers*

Anywho, so there's noone who's actually got a serious game going, with like an acutal playerbase, and a development team who don't act like they're twelve?

*dissapointment*

Eclipse seems to always be more of a journey in game development than an actual tool for creating a working game. Gotta love the community though.

Honestly if you want to see success, look at Spainions games, Hes one of the best programmer on the forums (In my eyes) hes created 3 games that have been very successfull (VC,7N,5C) They all had about 20 players on at all odd times and such.  Hes currently working on a new game called Arkland, custom graphics and everything :P Very Top notch

@HailBlazR:

> To answer your title: Probably Mr Miguu… he works strangely though. Sometimes he gets back on my questions, sometimes he ignores them. And once he made this newbie a moderator for no reason.  Or it could be DrNova and his StarJumper.
>
> And things are going as usual;
> Kreator reluctantly helping all the newbies. People getting mad at him.
> Newbies asking stupid questions, as always.
> More games appearing.
> Same old.
> Same old.

Mine isnt active yet, still working on it.
And Spainion advertises well, and works constantly and hard, so he gets projects that acheive a truly playable level, however personally they have all felt generic to me, besides Seven Nations, which died off and really wasnt tuned well.

I only want to work on a serious project. I've worked on too many games that went nowhere tod edicate time to another dead end mapping job.

Wait, my mapping tutrorials arent on the forums , or anywhere else on the internet . What the heck!

Has anyone got a copy I could repost up anywhere , this is a traversty that needs rectification.