Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PokeWorld Online Staff

nero9121

I am looking for a coder that can become part of the staff for the game. The game is based off of Ruby/Sapphire games right now but I will expand after game gets running (add more Pokemon etc.). I need some people that can help code the battle system and make it so that when the players go through the grass they can be attacked by Pokemon. I am working on all maps and NPCs so I all you would need to do is the coding of the battle system and Pokemon system in general. I understand this is a big undertaking but if you would like to help I would GREATLY appreciate it! Please PM me if you are interested. I would like to have the battle system look like the game but if you code it, you can put your own twist on it and do what you wish with it. The features would include catching/battling Pokemon battling NPCs and Gym Leaders…pretty much just like the GBA game.

Thanks

Screenshots? Information? Features? **Anything?**

Did you even READ the "read this or get locked"?
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,6163.0.html

What most people forget, is that features are nice to see, but since the game is still in development, not nessecary. Information is given (however, its not alot): It must look like the GBA games. nero, what I aggree with HailBlazR, post some screenshots of the items, the tilesets, the maps, any paperdoll if it would be in it.
So, good luck, and I hope you find a scripter.

Anasky

There is no way you can maintain this game. Nobody will be willing to make you a turn based battle system. I myself had a pokemon online game which is STILL in development, I have a large team but scripters will not work on this battle system because it takes too much time an effort. You also have a low post count meaning nobody is going to give a damn about this game. I'm not being harsh or anything im just saying, maybe perhaps you could work on something abit easier. Everyone here will tell you the same anyway, nobody here has a soul xDDD. So yeah, abandon your project, POKEMON CYRUS basically owns this market.

@Desiderium:

> Turn-based requires source, not scripting.

Hard-coded isn't it?

Would take alot of editing to the source as you said though. Because it's something that needs to be put into the game rather than easily scripted.

you have to do it through the source, vb6 is crap(it lags), thats what cyrus uses, we go hard core using the C++ language. the engine is still the same of what eclipse made. also in C++ it shows true battle gui and animations. so learn C++.

http://www.cyengine.org/
(this has cyruses old engine, your going to have to be smart to recode it cause they locked it. you could ask Paul_T though for the key to unlock it.)