Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the sever to actually work?

aruzo

Right, I am faced with some problems now. My IP is not static, I am leased an IP address everyday. So my IP address will change EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have not portforwarded because it seems like too much effort and I don't think it will work anyway. So I'm going to leave portforwarding until last. I have tried port tunneling I didn't really get that and still nothing happend. I then tried Hamachi and apparently my IP in Eclipse Server is meant to change to Hamachi's but still…nothing. I am about to give up now because people just cannot connect. I myself can connect when I put the IP Address what my Server says, so it must be a local thing but nobody else can.

Can somebody with some knowledge please help me, throw afew links my way or just tell me how to solve this solution with ease?

@aruzo:

> Right, I am faced with some problems now. My IP is not static, I am leased an IP address everyday. So my IP address will change EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have not portforwarded because it seems like too much effort and I don't think it will work anyway. So I'm going to leave portforwarding until last. I have tried port tunneling I didn't really get that and still nothing happend. I then tried Hamachi and apparently my IP in Eclipse Server is meant to change to Hamachi's but still…nothing. I am about to give up now because people just cannot connect. I myself can connect when I put the IP Address what my Server says, so it must be a local thing but nobody else can.
>
> Can somebody with some knowledge please help me, throw afew links my way or just tell me how to solve this solution with ease?

All that does is hides you IP address? That will not let people connect to my server?

@Desiderium:

> it also means, if you port forward, they never have to change the IP adress.
> They just use the no-ip and they can connect.

So instead of connecting to an IP, you connect to the no-ip.com host?

Right I have links to portforward. Can somebody tell me a step by step of what to do.

E.g. Portforward, turn server on, connect to no-ip address or some shit? I'm lost atm.

@Desiderium:

> Port forward
>
> Sign up with no-ip (ther is a no-ip tut somewhere)
>
> Start server
>
> let others use the no-ip adress to connect.

@Desiderium:

> Port forward
>
> Sign up with no-ip (ther is a no-ip tut somewhere)
>
> Start server
>
> let others use the no-ip adress to connect.

I port forwarded

signed up with no-ip, program is on etc…, im signed in, my host is setup.

Server is up

I opened client and where it says IP, I put my no-ip host address.

SERVER OFFLINE...

@l0lz!:

> Try port forwarding to ports 4001 or 4002, 4000 could be blocked or some shit.

Really, thanks alot man! It worked!

Ports 4000 & 4001 didn't work but 4002 works perfectly and people can now connect to my server. Thanks!

Thanks to you also Desiderium!

Couldn't of done this without you guys!

LOCK?