Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sound like a good idea?

Lenton

I came across an idea that sounds pretty good.

Eclipse's spell book (i think) isn't that good. I don't like the "forget spell button", i really just think it's silly if you made it so if in your game spells were very hard to get and a big achievement.

Now, theres still one problem, you could learn the spells in a random order which wouldn't be very good. So i thought, "why not just have the spell there but just not enabled. Then when you learn the spell it gets enabled.

So basically, i would just remove the "forget spell" button and create that lock and unlock feature.

In my opinion this would make the spell book better than it is ATM.

What do you think?

• 1 month later...
That could work, but it depends on the game style. For example I would have no reason for it, and I prefer the open randomness of the "spellbook", and the ability to forget a spell; since I plan to have many spells, some of particular use in specific circumstances, it makes the player have to choose what spells they think they would really need.

But anyway, back to your idea, you could also have it so you learn skills upon level, and always in a certain order. This way your players would always learn spells in the same order so the spell listings will be consistant.