Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am still working on a game! *gasp*

Anna Comnena

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't remember. The stone walls aren't really drawn though, it's all filters. They were my first tile textures though, back when I was new to tiles and the closest thing I've done is textures for 3d maps. So I didn't know what to do but fiddle with filters. All the newer stuff is more hand-drawn with filters only applied for final detail.

I like how the stone looks, it had the look I was going for, of a small uneven stone and mortar structure wall. When I was first thinking the main design of the towns I was playing a lot of Morrowind and I wanted a look similar to Pelagiad and Seyda Neen but without the castles. So it's a style I like, but it does look a bit off, especially with my newer tiles. Maybe I should change the road/causeway walls to something more earthen though I suppose.

About the Temples, I like those tiles, I made them similar to the tents. First I drew the objects outline, then I manually shaded the objects and added highlights. Then I saved the originals and then copied them and added either slight noise or a sandstone texture to them, altering the light from the filter to match the shading I drew. This gives it a natural appearance but doesn't overwhelm the semi-cartoonish drawing (which I found you need a little bit of both aesthetics in a 2d game).

Robin, that isn't the GUI for my game, it's the original GUI for Total Eclipse, which was when I made my ORIGINAL CUSTOM TILESETS. This isn't about GUIs, so why comment on them?

slym, do you mean in that TE image or the other images?

OK, I'm just going to remove the old image then since people don't seem to read.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks!

HALP I'M DROWNING! glub glub…
![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/gfx/ee27-drown.jpg)
:P

Anyway, I haven't worked on the game as steadily as I should be, but I've finished mapping the outdoor portions of the main city and immediate land around it. Working on the interiors takes awhile though, I'll show some previews shortly.

Main floor of an inn/tavern:
![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/gfx/ee27-inn01.jpg)

Upstairs:
![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/gfx/ee27-inn02.jpg)

One of the private rooms (you can't see the other private rooms but you can "hear" any chatting in the building):
![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/gfx/ee27-inn03.jpg)

Unfortunately, after working with my interior tilesets, I've found they are somewhat limited, so it takes longer to make some things, and also there are a few errors in the tilesets, so I will have to work on them some more. It's a never ending process it seems, and it's tiring. I really have to hand it to people like Inquisitor, who can make complete tilesets and just give them out so freely, it's a lot of work.

so far, looks amazing. keep it up! maybe, "just a suggestion", if you can make it, so when you get to the water, you sprite change into a swiming mode, like a sprite that looks like its swimming? haha its just a suggestion but it looks amazing without aswell.

@Shadowwulf:

> the ledges on either side of the waterfal confuse me.

That's what i thought.
It looks good but the rock like just under the sign on the left side of the map doesn't look good(Not just the placing that whole type of rock), and yes the fireplace looks weird

Thank you for the concern. but it wouldn't be easy for them to derive a working tileset out of my screenshots. The tiles would be incomplete, and extracting proper mask layers out of the screenshots would be too much work to trouble over. Also my tiles don't mix well with other tiles unfortunately.