Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Encryption

Oizumi03

Is there any way to Encrypt or Hide your files in the Client?
I tried making an invisable folder and putting everything in it except the EXE, but the EXE didn't run properly.
I don't want people taking anything from there. I know you can encrypt the GFX but that never worked out correctly for me and I still have those other valuable files.

Encryption for serious game developers is a big step in the engine I want to get completed.

The old engine was not secure, so I came to a conclusion that GFX support will **not** be available for the compiled release. However, for people who want to download the source distribution, they will have access to a "GFX encryption" password in the client, that only they will know.

Then there's the print screen way of stealing graphics too…

Well, I used Eclipse for a bit, it was the best thing I've ever used. But it made me push myself to limits that the engine couldn't handle. So I switched to a Compiler (c++/VB) to make my game manually. But for a server to host is average 200 bucks that I don't have. So I'm back to Eclipse until I can get a sponsor or a front for a good server, a team, and a website.

I've been off and on about making a game for years, but I'm dead serious now.
Well, enough about my life story.
So, I'm pretty much sol huh?

To produce a secure graphics encryption method download Eclipse Evo version 1, and rather than passing the GFX encryption code from the data.ini to clients, simply source edit in your graphics password client side and do the file conversion to your new format.

Later versions had all the encryption methods removed, so GL with getting that to work in more recent versions.