Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pet System ?

Rizz

Not to burst your bubble, but I personally would recommend you to not make a Pokémon game. First of, it's lame taking a direct copy of an existing world. And second.. It's trademarked and copyrighted. You can't just make use of their IP. Although Nintendo won't care unless you get big enough, it's still against the rules.

Theres no good version with the Pet-System on it the tutorial here is buggy i fixed it but that took some time… 

If you want it really bad learn vb6 or just follow the tutorial.

Like Stein wrote you already dont create an Pokemon game youll just get problems later if you get big

> Not to burst your bubble, but I personally would recommend you to not make a Pokémon game. First of, it's lame taking a direct copy of an existing world. And second.. It's trademarked and copyrighted. You can't just make use of their IP. Although Nintendo won't care unless you get big enough, it's still against the rules.

I think by IP you mean trademark (that would be hilarious if Nintendo hosted their server), but otherwise I agree completely. Any Pokémon fan game I've seen made with these engines has flopped within 2-3 months - I've witnessed at least a dozen. Maybe you'll be the exception, but forgive my doubts (and consider the legality of what you intend to spend hundreds of hours on).

I am aware of this … forgetting that my project is open ONLY to some of my friends (a game to play in a maximum of 10 people), I'm using only the chara of pokemon, all the rest has nothing to do with the world created by nintendo or the designer of the anime ...
I am aware that only the use of an icon of the pokemon is "symptom" of copyrigth but then if the project is only open to a handful of people acquaintances, I do not think corerre risks ...
However, if my project were to close, there are no problems, my main goal is the satisfaction, I want to create a 2D game pokemon online in real time for several years, mine is just a little satisfaction that I want to take off =)

As already 'mentioned in my other topic, I can not use VB6 ...
So if acquaintance put a project started as a demo that implements the system will ask if you may pet postarmi the link of its download =)

Or would it be possible to call through pet skill? such as a kind of invocation.

EDIT:
Ok, you can close this topic and put it as: solved
I trpvato a way to create your pet, it requires a little 'more' time, but I think it's also a better method than usual ...
In practice, use the pet as a weapon, I drew the pets in paperdolls of weapons, so when I create the weapon check the paperdoll of the pet that interests me so that pg appears next to the pet and also increases the attack of pg = )
Solving even the classic run-time error 9 with server crash I usually appears =)