Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What features do you think are the best things to include in a MMO

magic8ball

Trying to put it down to one feature is stupid.

A decent ORPG needs good programming, consistent and pleasant mapping, some story structure, balanced game mechanics, intuitive interface between the user and the server and an overall smooth execution of commands.

#1 thing a true stand out game needs is RESEARCH. You see all great games have one thing in common. They have all figured out a way to scratch us. In other words they have scratched an itch that we all have. Weather it be quests, Arenas, skills or Custom graphics they have in some way found through heavy research and study of every genre of game to come up with new ways to keep us interested. Take off the blinders and look around, every good game has something to learn that will help you develop your own.

hey adrain THEN DONT REPY OR VOTE JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

and ambard you just gave a reason for this poll pointing out each game has a feature that makes it intesting and i wanted to know what people thought was the best one not the most important. Liek personaly i think quests are funner then pvp or bosses.

@magic8ball:

> hey adrain THEN DONT REPY OR VOTE JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.
>
> and ambard you just gave a reason for this poll pointing out each game has a feature that makes it intesting and i wanted to know what people thought was the best one not the most important. Liek personaly i think quests are funner then pvp or bosses.

Pointless flaming there…

Anyway, if you think quests are more fun than pvp or bosses, than make allot of quests. Its your mmorpg, you should make it exactly the way you like it.

@magic8ball:

> did i say i would only do oen feature? did i say only one feature made the game. no i was wodnering which feature people liked the most. so thank you for your insightfull c***

@magic8ball:

> wow you do not get the question at all. I KNOW YOU NEED A VARIETY I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE LIKE MOST.

@magic8ball:

> hey adrain THEN DONT REPY OR VOTE JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

magic8ball, chill out. They are just trying to help. If you can't accept or appreciate their feedback, then I'm afraid your time here will not be very pleasant. Watch the attitude, and be appreciative.

@magic8ball:

> 1\. if they wanted to help out they would of just voted or not voted and kept there mouths shut.
> 2\. i dont need help it was just a friendly poll

Well unfortunately, regardless of what you wanted and didn't want, your attitude is going to give you a bad name on this forum, and hence no one will support you or your game. Its sad that your both new to this forum, and rude.

I'd like to help but I don't vote in polls. Nor do I rate maps/graphics. I comment on what I like and what I think needs improvement. That is where real help comes from.

As far as your poll question, it depends entirely on your expected player population. In many cases you would need a little of all of those features.

@magic8ball:

> billylemmon dont get in teh argument unless you have something intelegent to say.

That's a bit rich coming from you…
I voted, so technically I DID contribute helpfully.
Plus, I'll get in this argument if I want to. Maybe I feel like I just don't like your attitude towards the people who are trying to **help** you. You just throw it back in their faces.