Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Arcadia River Creek Preview.[updated!]

Sean23

sorry cant appreciate it, you put to much pressure on your self and you have a high reputation which u are not living up to. i hope your final water is alot better, i dont even know why u have that much water on grass anyway, doesnt make sense, unless i am rong.

this is one of its still movements, the river itself is still a experiment none the less, im still going to live up to my reputation..the wind mill moves on animation, including a sparkle effect to the river. all screenshots shown for arcadia are strickly unfinished for a reason, final previews will be offered in july during closed testing.

@Anna:

> I dunno, I like it. I think it looks nice, it seems natural, and has good color balance. Nice use of the tilesets.

thank you anna, appreciate the feedback.

@Tyr:

> i got the same comments as above, just … JULY lol :)

what are you talking about, a previous topic you made with your screenshots? im confused.

I of course like the look as well. I think maybe the big issue is that most of us are used to some type of physical bank or border with the water. I use those tiles sometimes with a bank I created to give it a more realistic effect and sort of blends the water to the land better visually. My swap does what you have going on above becouse it makes it look like the water hardly has any edge with the land and for a swamp that works. But regardless of what anyone says if that's the way you want it to look for your game then stick with it. I think your world is coming along nicely. Keep building it. As you create more and develop more you will have to spend less time trying to please others and more time pleasing yourself. I think it looks really cool, keep going!

Well, I really like these Reiner's Tiles, so I'm a fan of this map. As Anna mentioned, I like the feel, and it gives the game some originality and a unique feel. As for the water, its alright…I like everything else. It could be much better if you added some sort of transition from the grass into the water.

@Anna:

> Looks alot better now. Only thing is where that one knob of land points down, the creek is very narrow at that point, why not have the bank curve on the south bank as well, instead of that straight line behind the treeline?

you know i never actually noticed that till now, will do :]

Aw man, sorry to have to say this but I think it looks terrible-

First of all, the water has no opacity, you cannot see the land slowly fade out in the water; if that makes any sense/

Second, the river's edges look torn out, edges look very unrealistic.

And, overall river shape, and water animation looks unrealistic,

2/10 sorry

Some tileset styles don't have to have opacity in the water. That is fine too.

Tiles are not maps. As long as tilesets are consistant (like if the water would suddenly be opaque in areas, that would be bad), everything is fine. Tiles do not have to look the way you think they need to look.

this game isnt suppose to be dead on with its graphics, its not suppose to be superior, your not going to be standing on this map very long, your constantly moving about to different areas depending on what your doing, small details are there but the ones that are hard to catch by eye wont be  there for the reason being its just to hard to create, you got to remember these are tiles are designed from a 3d modeler, and when you put that into a consistent contineous patterned game with tiles it makes features very hard to conduct.

• 2 weeks later...