Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Main.txt HUGE PROBLEM

Joe888888

no.
for every 100 people coming here to try making a game.
only 10 want to put effort into scripting.
of those 10, 6 or so ask why its broken, when its not. they just dont know to look around first.

if we set it to enabled by default.
the other 90 percent of people will mess up everything and ask 6817256 useless questions when they should just look things up.

sry if that sounds harsh… but its like a little test.

many just dont get it so they quit... they shouldnt have even started.
some need to ask but are capable of understanding... they are accepted but not much is expected from them.
few just go and do it, search what they need and get it working on their own.... those are the hopefuls.

Lol, well I guess I'm one of the hopefuls. (Well, now I'm pretty good with scripting, wrote a ctf script, map copying script, etc)

I actually didn't understand why my script didn't work, when I first started, but then I remembered that the server control panel had allot of buttons. Maybe one of them turned scripts on.

If you have a basic programing knowledge, SadScript is crazy easy. It was just confusing at first because I didn't know where to place my scripts.

I might try it, I might not. Thing is, right now I can do most of the stuff I want using scripting. I have vb6 so I can do some basic source edits (multiframe walking, rearange gui, etc) but I don't really need to learn it.

I'm thinking of trying multiverse too. Its supposed to be pretty good (its 3d) . Its free, unless you make a profit, than I think you're supposed to give em 50%. Now that thing uses a totally different scripting and coding language, so I'd rather not 'waste' my time with vb6.

Don't know if I'll ever try it tho.