Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Change Client and Server Version?

angelrangel1

Hello people

I came back after a while, I was absent, very busy with the university and the problems of my country.

My question is this:

- How do I configure or edit in the code so that the server asks users for a new version of the client, and when they download the new version of the client, they no longer ask them to update?.

I hope you understand my question, since I use google translator.

A bit of programming is all that's needed. If you're using ER then you can save the version on the server and the only coding is client side.

In the client side, you need to code a version into it and if the version is the same as the server's (this can be found in the sub that sends the version and server online status, just looks for the label on the menu) then it lets the player log in, otherwise have the code say enable = false for the buttons and the message displayed just has to say "Please update to the latest version of the game"

If you're not using ER then you have to have to program the version into the server as well and send it to the client.

Open the menu form and click the version label, then search for it's name in the code. You should find a sub somewhere that sets the version text if the server is online, in that sub add an if statement similar to "if not clientVersion = version then" and disable the buttons on the menu and display the text saying the player needs to update their game.

You can either have a global for the version (I recommend for easier changing) or you can dim it in that sub.