Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zombies!

Reguba

Get this one, some group near where I lived organized a 500-sum person game of survivors vs. zombies a few miles away. From what I know they had a lot of friggin room to play the game lol. The survivors get nerf guns to shoot at the hordes of zombies that come running at them. Sadly I wasn't able to go  :sad: I had to finish up a research paper instead… But I had a bunch of friends who "modded" their nerf guns and they might take some pictures while they are there so if anyone is interested I'll post em here if I get em.  :P

From what I know they separate like 5-10 teams of survivors who all are equipped with nerf guns and I would assume lots of ammo. I'm not sure on the starting conditions but I do know that they are playing if you shoot a zombie with a nerf dart they are stuck for like 1 minute and cannot move. But on the other hand, if you are a survivor and the zombies grab you to the point you can't move basically, you join the zombies and continue after the survivors. I am not sure about the victory conditions though  :confused:

They called the event, the "Zomb", its hosted by some organization.

Ha, I bet it has something to do with this as well, http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1137640/grand_rapids_michigan_to_attempt_world.html
Looks like us in Michigan have some good holiday spirit!

Well, I got word that a friend of mine has taken a decent amount of pictures. Apparently 500+ people showed up to the event to participate. I asked my friend how it was and he said, "Well, it was a blast… But I fell in some mud..." And he pointed to his backpack, so I asked him why he brought his backpack. He simply stated "Well I carried a bunch of nerf guns and I had to have some place to put my Capri sun!". Yes them zombies need their Capri sun  :P

Another note: The Discovery channel filmed the event lol and they will be filming the Zombie walk that is happening later tonight as well.

I waiting to get the pictures lol. I'll see if I can find em.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvkAm3rNZ7o

Not a great video but it shows just how many people were there lol. That is a lot of nerf guns  :P

Found a site of some one who explains the game if you are interested.
http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9663

@Bone:

> Did you draw that?
> I mean its edited obviously
> but where could you have found such a perfect cartoon :p

No, It's Japanese. If I could draw that well (I can't), I would've made it read left-to-right instead of right-to-left. And I'll give you one guess where I got that… it starts with the number 4.
:P

@Locke:

> The term "Undead" is almost… Uh... I guess an oxymoron in and of itself lol

No, because "Un-" and "dead" are not opposites. It just states that the Undead aren't necessarily dead. But it doesn't mean they are _alive_, either, which is the opposite value of "dead".