Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Black Skies

Godsendmaster

Ok, so I need some people to help try out my game. So far I just need to make sure port forwarding,

My game doesnt have much of a story, except the name is Black Sky so far. This isnt the for sure name yet, so if any testers come to a good conclusion to a great name for my game, it could be the name!

So, to just get the game started up and running, I will start with simple graphics. But as time goes on, graphics will get better and better, and the world will get bigger. But mainly, I am trying to make it all work, and will also have a report abuse button so people can report people who disrupt the game. (If there is a way to record their previous messages, that will work much better.) Otherwise, I will figure out a way to make it so if you are younger, you can turn a wordfilter on, if you arent, you can turn it off. (If its possible) Now I will explain what I need players to help with:
1.Making sure items arent too strong, but not to weak, and that they are worth the money they pay for it.
2.Help to make sure events will work, and scripts dont have run time errors hidden somewhere in them.
3.Make sure there arent any bugs, or any missing attributes so you cant like walk through a part in a river that was not blocked off by accident.
4.Make sure scripts work, monsters arent too strong, and graphics arent messed up. (Such as an accidental mess up while editing graphics, or a black ring around some sprites or paperdoll items)
5.(The first thing to do) Make sure I did the port forwarding right, and testing to make sure it works.

My game doesnt really have any date, but the best I can think of is medieval ages.

This Black Skies game is a fantasy, nothing of history since the world is completely made up.

My game will have such things as mini games, and may have the pvp wilderness that runescape (if any of you have played) got rid of! I am thinking about making my game click to move too, but perhaps is not possible with EE. The game will have a party room that you have to be invited to or a public party,, a friends and ignore list, a limitless dungeon with tougher mosters on every level, gambling, furniture to place in your home, and more!

I am currently working on a website to go along with my game, for posting updates to download, polls for future updates and events, things you like and dislike, and other things. My email is [email protected], if you would like to help.

If you want to help, just email me and ask any questions you have, or on here I guess, and I will answer. (Or try to) Thank you for at least even reading all this! =)

Ok, here is the list of things I need help with:

NNY - Not needed yet        N - Needed        F - Full        X-Unkown

(Until portforwarding was done correctly, I will not need help with anything else yet (except website creation), but you can still start signing up and I can walk you through what I need done for later time. Just email me at [email protected] and say what you would like to help with, screenshots if you want to show me how skilled you are at things like mapping and spriting.)

1.N : Testing client to make sure portforwarding and no-ip was done correctly
2.NNY : Map Making and map attribute testing
3.NNY : Quest Making, Script Making, Script bug testing.
4.N : Black Skies Website Creation (Need some skilled website planners to help me with making a site from html.)
5.U
6.U
7.U
8.U
9.U
10.U

Suggestion: Don't let testers have administration perks.
This is a typical new person mistake. Just because these people come off as nice doesn't mean they are. It's going to turn around and bite you in the ass. Maybe give them a day in advance date in which the game gets a stable release to play.

Best of luck to you.

@Godsendmaster:

> I have started to make my website then so you can all see how far into the game I am! I will be posting screenshots, recruit help center, and other stuff! Hope I get some people to help out  :cheesy:

Ok, all the best

@Shotwithknife:

> Ill volunteer to test it out xD and i could make a few weapons

Ok, as soon as I make sure the port forwarding worked and everything, I'll get you to start helping =). Email me and tell me what things you would like to help out with, ok? My email is above in the top post.  :cheesy:

well game looks good, and i get the port forwarding thing some things its anoying, try to find some tutorials and you might need to DMZ the PC your hosting on, well untill you figur it out try using hamachi i did for a while and i still use it for my game (only for the 1 guy who cant connect with out it) every one else can any way heres the link

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

PS; hamachi is for creating a lan conection through the interweb lol