Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting the game online issue

pyrostorm

can someone help me with this problem i am having, I have gone through a lot of the newest port forwarding forums and tutorials, and the newest one,did them all just right, i sent my friend the client/libraries. she made her account but then when she tried to login, the server was offline( it was online at the time) the IP address was something completely different than what i put in the client when i sent it, and the server was a different IP, so we changed her IPconfig to my ip, and the servers Ip, both times the login button stopped working…help please! and dont tell me to look for some tutorials because ive seen more than my share of them, they dont even mention this problem.

Ok, right now my head is killing me, and your first post is not very well formatted, so I won't read it again, I'll just explain everything in general terms.

You need to give her the client only, she also needs to install the library files. While you have the server on, she needs to try to connect using her client. I'm assuming you've already done this. Now, the IP you must give her if the one YOU get from IP Chicken, and usually, Port 4000 or 4001.

If it doesn't work, you will have to portforward. What router model do you have, I can give you more detailed information, if you can tell me that.

EDIT: Not sure what you mean. You can probably merge together the library files and the client. Never tried it tho.

Umm, probably not. Maybe ask your parents?

I could give you general info about this, but if you gave me your exact router name, then I can even show you pictures.

If not, then just tell me what brand it is. Linskys? D-Link? etc

Won't be as accurate, but ah well.

Ok, so since I don't know the exact model number, some of this info might be wrong.

Lets start

Go to 192.168.1.100 using your browser.

You will be asked for a user name and password. Enter admin for both.

Now, if that worked, great.

Click the Applications & Gaming link near the top of the page.

Click Single Port Forwarding

Fill out one of the rows with:

Application name: Eclipse

External Port: 4000
Internal Port: 4000
Protocol: Both

We need to find your local IP to fill it out over there. To do this, if you're runing XP, its easy. press Start, Run. Type in cmd, press enter. A window pops up. Type in ipconfig, press enter. This will give you your IP address. So now go back to the port forwarding window, and fill out your IP address in the "To IP address" column.

Enable: Check (turn it on)

Press the save settings button.

That should be it.

EDIT: Also, don't double post.

I think you can find the ip of your router on this site [http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm](http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm)

Just search for your router and click on any game and there you will usually find the correct Ip.

(I hope you understand what I'm rambling about :P)

Or you could say what kind of router you have and then I'll try and look it up for you.