Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A question to all graphic designers

Hippoman789

Well, color for me is a very personal thing. I have been through color theory in collage. I thought I knew a lot about color before that course. Then we were tough how to mix paints and create seamless transitions from one color to the next. That exercise is much harder to do than it sounds.

I think the turning point for me in understanding color was the day our instructor had us dissect a cow eye. Believe it or not a cows eye is very similar to our own. As we dissected the eye we learned step by step what each part of the eye did. We even used a microscope to understand what rods and cones were in the cells of the pupil. Rods and cones help us distinguish shade and tone in colors.
The most incredible thing was learning that everyone has a photosensitive layering on the back of their eyes that actually work the exact same way as film in a camera works.

Anyway, to find the right color you have to study color. So I suggest you do that ;)

well, unless I already have a theme going, when it comes to pixel, I just choose as I go… first I choose the darkest colors first.. then lighter, and ligheter and lighter... its a pretty simple task... but for otehr graphics, its more difficult... i cant really explain it but with practice also comes discernment.