Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strange Network Problems List,

Fax

Hello I'm trying to start a strange network problems list so that people can post problems that they have had and solved them so that others can use this as a reference guide if they suffer some of the more unconventional network problems.

DO NOT POST YOUR NETWORK PROBLEMS HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM IN THE SAME POST.

1) My Client appears to not be able to connect to my server through my external I.P. address.

Diagnosing: To check if this is your problem and not some other network problem visit: http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and enter the port number your server runs on (default 4000) in the port number and press check. If you get a message that the request was denied most likely you have failed at forwarding the right port, you entered the wrong port or it is some other strange network problem. If you get a response that says "success and your ip and port number" check your server console and check to see if you have received a very short connection from a random I.P. you probably won't recognize. If yes and yet your client still appears as offline when using your EXTERNAL I.P. address chances are you are suffering from this problem.

Solution/Remedy: I have no remedy for this problem at the current time. It seems that through some sort of setting in a router or network area somewhere in your house the computer is not allowing your external I.P. to read back onto itself. I'm sure more competent people can find a solution but its not that big of a pain. You will be able to access the server still through your local "127.0.0.1" address or if you are on a router the computer that has the server on's local "192.***.***.***" address. You do not need to worry about others connecting as if you have set your released clients connection info to your External IP and Port. As they lie outside your network they shall still be able to connect to your server.

If anyone has any other uncommon network problems that they have solved please post them here so I can add it to the post (with your user name as credit of course)

I fixed my problem, I'm just trying to get others to try and help out here. I know its a long shot but why not! no I don't have a setting and from my research I have a bitch of a router/modem out there. lousy siemens…