Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dungeon Crawler Elements?

Mulkaar

What do you think are the classic Elements of a Dungeon Crawler?
I want really classic, simple and cliche elements.

So far I have

The Usual Classes, Fighter,Wizard,Thief,Cleric,Ranger

and All Areas except towns are dungeon areas.

Scribble back and tell me what you think.!

well i think this

Classes: Fighter,Wizard,Ranger,Cleric

hack n slash elements are good for dungeon crawlers and they insist on playing with friends.
a 4 player dungeon crawler game is allways good. Look at Gauntlet (the first version) and see how thats a dungeon crawler.

Puzzels aswell as boss battles
lots of enemies

Yeh. It'd be breeze graphics and online. I want the game to be heavily based on player interaction and planning. Such as you're about to do the fir caves which require level 50-60 and have mainly fire monsters. Thats why you'd want to be ready get the tank to wear his fire resis stuff, stack all your potions to the hotkey bar and get ready. It'd take planning and braely any dungeon can be soloed

Some classic Dungeon Crawlers that can be helpful for references are; Dungeon Hack, Eye of The Beholder Series, Dungeon Master series, Dark Lands.
In essence what makes a good dungeon crawler is traversing through dungeons fighting monsters and of course looting treasure. Difficult bosses as well as complex puzzles can be included to add alot of fun to the game.
To add replayability to a game random elements should try to be included; Random Levels, Random Monsters, Random Items.

I made a dungeon crawler with eclipse once, was pretty popular, unforunately lost the data from moving overseas, websites still up though i think

www.dungeoncrawler.co.uk

one thing that was pretty cool was dungeon puzzles, example you need 4 players with keys to open eachothers doors on seperate sides of the room, and again yeah, the bread and butter classes, warrior, cleric, archer, etc. diablo type item system, like of the bear +1 for example, just makes it more addictive

if you want any help and decide to make it just ask, i think i have all my old scripts from it still somewhere

@Belmont:

> I made a dungeon crawler with eclipse once, was pretty popular, unforunately lost the data from moving overseas, websites still up though i think
>
> www.dungeoncrawler.co.uk
>
> one thing that was pretty cool was dungeon puzzles, example you need 4 players with keys to open eachothers doors on seperate sides of the room, and again yeah, the bread and butter classes, warrior, cleric, archer, etc. diablo type item system, like of the bear +1 for example, just makes it more addictive
>
> if you want any help and decide to make it just ask, i think i have all my old scripts from it still somewhere

I played it!!! Not for long though…

Ontopic: One thing a dungeon crawler really needs is a good party system, with a good loot system.