Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Specs/Requirements?

flyingcamels

OK, so I'm new to Eclipse, but I can't seem to get it to work. I looked at the tutorials, forums, run-time error fixes, but none helped. I get a "Subscript out of Range" RTE 9 when i start up the client. *the server is on

I tried doing Eclipse the exact same way at a friend's house but it worked.. no RTE or anything! Why is this? Is there specific specs/requirements for my computer?

PS: Please no "use the search"
PSS: Remember, it did work at my friend's house. If you need more detail about my computer's specs, please comment below! Thanks for the help! :)

lol you flame all you want…The Eclipse community here is VERY helpful, heck i joined like 3 weeks ago and got hooked. Anyways, back on topic. If your trying to get an answer, flaming is ~~probably~~ **DEFINITELY** not the best way.

I had this problem awhile ago. Check how far the server is loaded when the error occurs. (for example, does the error appear when the server is loading the NPCs? The scripts?). If you looked through the bugs list and none of the explanations fit, then the file that the server had issues with is probably corrupt. Sorry if this is confusing, ill resay it later if needed. Also, did you download ELI?

This usually happens to me a lot and I'm told to just keep retrying and it'll eventually go away, but that never works. I found that rebooting my computer often helps. Sometimes, even removing the maps has helped as well. I have also noticed that it is sometimes character related too. Sometimes the character or account file gets corrupted. If none of those work, give this a try:
Open your client, create a new account and character on your server, and see if it lets you in. If it does, then chances are, your account file got corrupted server side.

Let me know if this helps.

Ahh ok. I've never had it happen right when it opens up. Did you happen to get a modified source of the client, or possibly modify the source? Have you tried getting a completely fresh copy of the client? The only other thing I could suggest other than that is, just for a bit of trial and error to find out what the cause is, try disabling the scripting on the server, and see. That error is often related to some kind of script not wanting to work properly on the client system.

@Jarvis:

> Ahh ok. I've never had it happen right when it opens up. Did you happen to get a modified source of the client, or possibly modify the source? Have you tried getting a completely fresh copy of the client? The only other thing I could suggest other than that is, just for a bit of trial and error to find out what the cause is, try disabling the scripting on the server, and see. That error is often related to some kind of script not wanting to work properly on the client system.

k, thanks for the advice. but the thing is, i pretty much didnt touch anything.

@teh godsalad
Well, he deleted it soon after.. lol